Chapter 42

I bounced my leg up and down frantically as I waited on Lip

I bounced my leg up and down frantically as I waited on Lip. I checked my phone consistently. A car pulled up and I rushed outside. I locked my front door before rushing down the stairs. Lip and his friend were up front. Debs and Franny were in the back. I climbed in beside Franny and sighed. "Nervous?" Lip asked and I chuckled. "Terrified. I don't want a Franny." I told him. "No offense Debs," I told her but she shrugged.

We got signed in and waited. Lip took my hand so I'd stop raking my nails against the arm of the chair. "Calm down." He told me and I nodded.

"Delaney Milkovich." My head shot up. "Want me to come with?" Lip asked but I shook my head. "I got this," I told him and followed the nurse back. She took my weight and height before asking "what are we seeing you today for Delaney?" I cleared my throat as I sat on the big chair like thing. "I uh... there is a possibility that I might be pregnant," I told her and she nodded. "Let's get a test going." She told me and left but then came back with a cup. "Go pee for me." She told me pointing to the bathroom connected to the room.

I peed in the cup and then took it out to her. She left me alone as my phone buzzed

My Love- 'WYA?'
My Love- I want you to meet my friend. I think you'd like her
My Love- Are you okay?

I locked my phone as the nurse came in about twenty minutes later. "Congratulations. You're expecting." She spoke and my mouth dropped. "I'm what?" I asked. "You're pregnant, Delaney. Do you want to talk options?" She asked. I cleared my throat. "Can we do that later?" I asked and she nodded with a smile.

I walked out to the lobby where Lip was by himself. "Uh oh." He said looking at the shock on my face. "What am I gonna do?" I whispered and he just sighed wrapping an arm around me. "We will figure it out."

I sighed annoyed As I found Carl at his house. "I've been trying to get ahold of you all—.." I trailed off seeing Carl and the Coke whore from last night. They were making out. I cleared my throat crossing my arms. "What the fuck?" I snapped. "Delaney I can explain." Carl tried but I laughed. "Whatever Carl. Do your stupid shit. I'm done." I snapped and took my ring off. "No! Babe!" He tried but I ignored him and walked away.

My phone buzzed and I grabbed it seeing Trevor calling me.
"Hey T what's up?" I asked walking back to my house. "Have you ever heard of this conversion church over on Garfield?" He asked and I scoffed. "No. Why." He sighed. "One of the kids got sent there. He tried to kill himself." I awwed. "What the fuck is wrong with people."

We said goodbye and they came to pick me up. We sat in the church as we watched a pastor talk down to a gay kid. "Leviticus 20:13 says, "If a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination." Multiple "Praise the Lord." Came through the building. "But we are here today to give sweet Tammy a chance to redeem herself in the eyes of the Lord and return back to her flock."

I chuckled under my breathe as Ian calls out "Are you fuckin' kidding me?"

"Matthew 18 says we must confront the sinner and give him a chance to repent.
So, I ask you in front of your family, Tammy, do you want to be cured of the homosexuality disease and go back to being a normal girl again?" She sniffles and starts to cry, "Yes."

"Jesus," I mumbled. "Do you want God back in your life, Tammy?" The pastor asked. "I do." She said crying. "He can't hear you, Tammy. Do you want God back in your life?" She then yells, "Yes! Yes."

"Then let us now close our eyes and raise our palms to Tammy so that we may light the path for this lost lamb to find her way back to the kingdom of heaven where she can become the beautiful, feminine woman with long hair that she was put on this Earth to be."

"Amen." I rolled my eyes. "Oh, I'm gonna beat the fuck out of this guy." was said between the boys and I tried not to laugh. "Come on, let's get out of here," Trevor told us and we got up to walk out. We hit the cement and I said "Trev." He shook his head and wrapped an arm around me. "No need to worry." He told me and kissed my head.

They dropped me off at home and Carl was sitting on my porch waiting for me. I walked up the steps and he stood up. "Don't." I snapped and unlocked the door. "Laney. Please." He told me and I blinked the tears from my eyes. He followed me inside and closed the door behind us. "I'm not Poly. I can't do this." I told him. "No one is asking you to be Poly." He told me and I sighed. "I'm not sharing you with her. It's either me or her. If you want her then stay the fuck away from me." I told him and went to my room. "At least tell me what the doctor said!" He called out. "I'm not pregnant" I lied to him and he nodded leaving.

I sat in the abortion clinic the next day. They had a last minute opening so I took it. It was me and only me. My leg shook as I bunked my tears away.

"Delaney Milkovich."

I got up and followed her back. I sat back and put my legs up. When the doctor came in he says "alright. You're gonna feel a pinch and then some pressure." I nodded and I winced as I felt the pinch and bit my lip as I felt the pressure.

No more baby.

I walked in the Gallagher household holding an old bible. "Finally!" Ian called out and I chuckled. "Hey! I had to climb up into the attic and across that unstable floor for it so I don't wanna hear it." I told him. "You're amazing sis." He told me and kissed my head before going upstairs.

"You got it didn't you?" He asked and I nodded. He sighed and nodded. "Got what?" Carl asked. "Nothing mind your own business" I snapped. "DELANEY." I heard and we all snapped to the stairs as Ian rushed down. "Upstairs." He snapped and came over taking my hand pulling me up the stairs. "I'm coming!" I snapped at him and we went into the room closing the door. "What?" I asked and he held up the Bible and then held up the picture that fell out. I scrunched my face up as I took it.

"Mickey," I whispered

"Mickey," I whispered. "I uh... I gotta go. Call me tomorrow and I'll go with you guys." I told him and he nodded. I rushed down the stairs with tears rushing down my face. "Del?" Debbie asked looking at me. Everyone was in on the couch. "Bye Deb," I told her and walking into the front room. "Del?" Lip asked but I wiped my face. "Bye guys," I told them and went out the door. "Delaney!" Lip snapped but I ignored him as I ran home.