Chapter 40

I stood at the stove as I made myself some toast

I stood at the stove as I made myself some toast. "Lenny. Will you get the door?" Liam asked and I walked over holding the door open. "Be careful babe." I told him and he went down the steps.

My toast popped up and I walked back over putting peanut butter on them. "You're up with the sun, my son." Frank called out as Carl walked in. He wrapped an arm around me and said, "I had to drop Fiona off at her building so I could use her car to fake Uber." He kissed my cheek making me smile.

"Did you feed the junkie?" He asked Liam who came up from downstairs. "Yeah. She said she was cured and wanted to go home." Lip told him making me chuckle. "That's what they all say.
You water her after school for me?" Carl asked giving him money. "I should get more. Junkies are nasty." Liam grumbled sitting next to Frank. "Son, addiction is a disease. Try not to judge the afflicted by the curse." I scoffed. "This is why we What Liam?" I asked. "Keep our noses clean." He recited and I held my hand up for a high five which he did.

"Shit." Carl cussed. "What's wrong?" I asked and he handed me the paper he had I. His hands. "Mm, I asked the Academy if they'd help me out or anything, you know? But they turned me down flat. Damn Comanche gets a full ride, and I don't get a cent."

I gave him a meek smile but he sighed, "no. You've already given me too much." He mumbled and kissed my lips. "Difficult to begrudge a little restitution for our Native American brothers." Frank said.

"How much more you need?" Ian asked coming in. "After the junkie downstairs, I'll still be $4,227 short for the second semester." Carl told us and I sighed. "What if I give you $5,000 to kill Fiona?" Ian asked and I chuckled. "Murder's a capital crime, Ian.
I'd do it for ten." Carl smirked and I rolled my eyes. "You should be doing it as a public service." Ian grumbled.

"And what, pray tell, is this?" Frank asked. "That is a letter, Frank." I said sarcastically. "I beg to differ. It is, in fact, my invitation to the middle class. My first non-fraudulent credit card. I am officially in the club." I pffted and said, "Somebody at the credit card company is losing their job."

"Au contraire. I'm as reliable as rain in Seattle. In fact, you are looking at Employee of the Month. I'm getting my photograph taken for the Wall of Fame." I nodded making a huh face. "I'm proud of you Frank."

"I gotta make money. You coming?" Carl asked and I nodded. "Yo, drop me off at Patsy's?" Ian asked. "Five bucks," Carl told him. "You're heading that direction anyway," Ian complained. "So?" He asked and then looked at me. "Come on," I told him making him smirk.

After dropping Ian off Carl brought my hand to his mouth as he kissed it.

"Can you drop me off at home

"Can you drop me off at home. I'm not feeling good." I asked and he gave me a weird look. "Are you okay?" He asked feeling my face. "Yeah. Just queasy..." I told him. I laid my head against the window as I tried to doze off.

Carl laid next to me after stopping home. "You sure you're okay?" He asked and I nodded. "Yeah. Just exhausted." I told him and he kissed my head. "Get some sleep I'll come back to check on you in a few hours." I nodded and he left me. I yawned and actually dozed off.

I shot up and rushed into the bathroom. I got sick and held my hair back. I breathed heavily as tears fell down my face. I threw up again and again. "Babe?" I heard and got sick again. Carl walked in and held my hair back for me as he rubbed my back.

"Are you okay?" He asked as I flushed the toilet. "Yeah. I'm fine." I mumbled and stood up. I swished some mouthwash and spit it out before hugging my fiancé. He rubbed my back as he hugged me tightly. "Let's get you back to bed baby girl." He whispered, and walked me back to the bed.

"Will you bring me some pasta and breadsticks from Olive Garden?" I asked and he smiled tucking hair behind my ear. "Course." I smiled softly and said, "my card is in my bag. You know where." He nodded, "Get some sleep." He whispered and kissed my head.

I laid back down and he crawled in next to me as he cuddled with me until I fell asleep.
-
Carl and I ate Olive Garden as we watched a random movie on tv. "You're feeling better." He said and I smiled. "Feeling better. Just needed a nap I guess." I told him shrugging it off. "You sure you're not pregnant?" He asked and I scoffed. "No. Course not." I told him eating my pasta before saying, "we didn't use protection what.. three times? All three times I was taking my birth..." I trailed off groaning.

"No." I said and sighed. "What?" He asked concerned. "The last time I was taking antibiotics remember?" I asked and he nodded slowly. "They make Birth Control ineffective. I better not be fucking pregnant." I mumbled the last part and he chuckled. "You're laughing. I'm serious." I told him and he held his hands up in surrender. "No matter what happens. We will take care of it." He told me and I nodded.

I looked down into my look and sighed before eating a breadstick. I can't be pregnant.. can I? I better fucking not be.

I paced back and forth in front of my bathroom sink. "What are you doing?" Carl asked. "I'm freaking out." I told him and he chuckled. "You're enjoying this. Stop." I scolded. My time went off on my phone and I grabbed the test. "I can't look." I said and handed it off.

"What do the two pink lines mean?" He asked and tears came to my eyes as I froze. "What?"