Chapter 31

Its been a good 6 weeks and I was ahead in all my classes. I hummed a song stuck in my head. I walked to my dorm room and opened it smiling at my new roommate. "Hey Hails" I greeted her and she smiled. "Hey." I plopped on my bed as she sighed. "What's up girl?" I asked and she rubbed her temples.

"One of our girls broke her leg so we're down a member. Which if we can't fill the spot we have to forfeit" she told me. "Forfeit what?" I asked and she looked at me and said "I'm apart of a street dancing team" I smiled and said, "Did I ever tell you I danced competitively when I was little?" Hailey's head snapped up. "No way! I can teach you the routine and then you come down and meet em. Taylor will love you!" she said and I giggled. "Alright. Show me." I told her.

Hailey and I went down to the basement floor where a dance studio was built. "Alright watch first and then we will put it together," she told me and I nodded. I sat on the floor against the mirror, and played the music, as I watched her do this routine.

We then broke it down and I quickly picked up on it. "Ayyyee!" Hailey called out as we did it full speed. "Hang on I gotta record this" Hailey said and rushed over to her phone and put it on record and then replayed the song on my phone. "Ready?" she asked and I smirked, "Bring it."

Hailey and I sat back on our beds as someone knocked on the door. She smiled widely at me and got up to answer it. "Come on in," she told them and in walked three girls and five guys. "Guy this is Delaney. Delly this is Roe, Elena, Josey, Jason, Moose, Sole, and Taylor. Together we are Rhythm X" Hailey introduced me and I smiled. "We want you in," Taylor told me and I chuckled. "I'm down," I said and I was lifted up making me laugh and squeal. "Alright let me go!" I called out and they set me down.

We sat on both mine and her bed as we talked choreography. "Since Delaney is new I was her and I to be together for the prank," Taylor told them and they all agreed. "Whats the prank?" I asked and Hailey smiled, "The Prank is what the crews do to show they're competing for The Streets. It's a public declaration saying that you're bringing it. The crazier it is, the better. For proof, you gotta record it and post it online. Then it spreads like wildfire. And if you hit it like I know you can, you'll be rockin." she told me and winked at me. "I got an idea," Roe spoke up and we listened to her idea.

-------

It took a whole week for Hailey and me to learn the choreography. In that time I met Raven our mix maker and Damon our graffiti and art maker. Hailey and I walked in and sat down at the restaurant, Of course, she went one side while I sat across from Taylor at our table.

I leaned forward and put my mask on

We turned seeing Damon used the silverware to spell out RHYTHM X, and we then split. Hailey and I ran down the street as we laughed. "THAT WAS AWESOME" I yelled out and Hailey just says "Right!" We all met up at Taylor's place that was around the block from CSU.

"There's our girl!" Sole called out and hugged me lifting me up making me laugh. Taylor pulled me away and said, "You're such a BFAB." I raised an eyebrow, "Imma what?" I asked. "Born from a boombox. Some people learn to dance and others were born to. Keep it up Del." he told me and I smiled as he pulled me into a hug.

"Dude Roe is editing the piece and it is dope asf," Moose said coming to get us. We pulled back and followed him to the projection room where Roe just finished uploading it.

We watched it back and at the end, we all cheered. "That was fucking awesome," I said and Elena spoke up, "Alright guys lets call it a day. Practice tomorrow night in the basement." we agreed and started to walk back to CSU. I collapsed on to my bed and groaned. "I'm exhausted," I said making Hailey laugh. "At least you don't have a class at midnight," she told me and I looked at her. "Good luck with that," I said and she shrugged.

After Hailey left for her last class I grabbed my new computer I bought the other day and saw Hailey shared it on Facebook. I smirked and shared it from her, 'This shit is dope asf.'

My phone buzzed and I grabbed it seeing Carl wanted to FaceTime. I smiled and slid to accept. I heard someone moaning and raised an eyebrow. "I leave my phone for five seconds." I heard Carl and he grabbed it seeing me. "Oh hey Laney," he said and I smiled. "Hey lovely. How was your day?" I asked. "It was something. Hey, I gotta go love you." he hung up before I could say anything. "Love you too," I said and placed my phone on the bed.

---Carl----

I hung up from Delaney's call and sighed. "Yo dude check this shit out!" Troy called out and rushed over to me holding his phone. "There is this dance crew called Rhythm X, I've followed them for a while. My neighbor Hailey is in it and she sent me this. Check it" he told me and played the video.

I stared at the main blonde dancer knowing I've seen her somewhere. "Who is she?" I asked pointing to the blonde. "No clue. Hailey won't tell me. She's new though" Troy told me and I watched till the end. "Whoa," I said and he laughed. "They're insane bro. You should watch them," he told me and I nodded. "Whats the name again?" I asked and he just says "Rhythm X."

I grab my phone and typed the name into YouTube and found the same video and then countless others without the familiar blonde.

----Delaney---

I re-watched the video maybe for the tenth time. I smiled as I fell back with a smile on my face. My phone buzzed and I grabbed it seeing a text from Carl.

'Have you ever heard about a dance crew called Rhythm X?

I bit my lip and typed back

'Nah. I mean I shared something on FB about them. That blonde girl is sick.

'I feel the same way. Troy's neighbor Hailey is on the crew but won't tell him who she is.'

'That's awesome. Imma goes to sleep, night baby. xx'

Goodnight babe. xxx'

------------------------

Hailey told me I have access to the youtube channel along with everyone else, so I hit up Jason to come to do a dance with me. We stood in the basement with everyone on a couch behind us.

When we finished Jason wrapped his arms around me lifting me up making me laugh. I uploaded it and titled it 'RHYTHM X Presents| BANG'