Chapter 34

Tears fell and I sniffled. I looked at the time before calling Carl. Of course its Hell Week so it went to voicemail. I paced back and forth again but this time stopped and called the school

"Millberry Millstream Acadamy. This is Joan." A girl said and I smiled. "Hi, Joan. My names Fiona Gallagher. I'm calling because my brother Carl is a student there and we had a death in the family. Our mom died." I told her and she gasped. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry for your loss. We will get Mr. Gallagher on the next bus. Goodnight Ms. Gallagher." I bit my lip and said, "Goodnight."

I sat back on Carl's bed and sighed. My phone buzzed and I grabbed it seeing a random number calling me. I made a face and answered

"Hello?" I asked. "I'm sorry. I didn't understand." Mickey. I bit my lip as he continued, "I just saw us being back at that house after Dad tried to get you. How we promised to leave together. I'm sorry Lane." I chuckled as I tried not to cry. "It's okay. I forgive you. I love you, Mick." He hesitated before saying "I love you too Lane. Stay safe. We will be in touch."

-

I groaned as I curled up in the sheets. My back was rubbed and I slowly opened my eyes. I gasped and smiled widely as I jumped into Carl's arms. He laughed and hugged me to him. He kissed me and I smiled into it as I pulled him down on top of me. He pulled back and leaned us back up. "I love you," he told me and I bit my lip and pecked his lips. "I love you too baby," I whispered back.

We went downstairs and Frank was on the ground asleep. I sat at the counter as he began to make breakfast. I leaned my head on my hand and I smiled as I watched him. "What?" he asked amused. "You're so hot," I told him and he smirked chuckling. "Love a man in uniform." I winked making him bite his lip. My phone buzzed and I grabbed it seeing a text from Trevor

'Can I talk to you? It's about Ian'

I made a face and typed back

'Course Trev. Be at the shelter ASAP.'

"I uh... I gotta go do something. Am I being a total bitch by leaving?" I asked going over to him, but he just smiled at me. "No. Go do your thing baby girl. I'll be here waiting," he said and kissed me making me smile. "Alright."

I went to the shelter and walked in. "Trevor?" I called out and he just yells "In here!" I followed his voice to his office and sat down. "What's up T?" I asked and he sighed. "I think Ian ran off with his Ex. He hasn't been answering my phone calls or texts. Have you seen him?" he asked but I bit my lip. "I'm not saying he did or didn't but it's highly possible Trevor." He put his head in his hands and I bit my lip.

"Mick and Ian are toxic for each other they always have been. The yelling, fighting physical and mental, everything. If he ran away with him then it was just a spur of the moment. He'll be back. Mickey was his first real love Trev. It's no excuse but its an explanation." I told him and he nodded. "It's best to keep the distance. If he has those feelings I know he does. He will come back to you." Trevor nodded and stood up. He came over and hugged me. "Thank you," he told me and I just smiled as I hugged him back.

"Anytime." Pulling back I smiled "Now. if you'll excuse me, I have a boy home from military school to fuck" I winked making him laugh. "Don't be a stranger T," I told him and waved my fingers as I backed up and walked out.

I made it back to my own house and called Tyrone to come and pick up some drugs for me. A knock came at the door and I smirked as I opened it, "Come in." I said and let him in. "What'd you need Mini?" he asked and I walked over grabbing the pound of crystal meth. "I need you to move this for me." I told him and he was taken back. "holy fuck! where'd you get that?" he asked but I rolled my eyes. "Not important. Will you? Or do I have to ask Trent?" I asked and he scoffed. "I'll do it," he told me and took it. I smirked as he stood up and stuffed it in his jacket. "Thank you, Ty!" I called out and he smirked. "You're lucky you're Gallagher's." is all he said as he went to my door. I just smirked as I left him outside.