Awoken

Bright golden sunshine leaked in through a gap in my curtains and a low rumbling noise was all I could hear outside. It was 7:45am, and I was awoken to the sound of, what I thought was, the bin man outside. But I then realized, it's too late for it to be the bin man, so I took a look outside. I peered through the gap in my deep blue curtains, making me squint, and it turned out to be a moving van across the road. The house across the street had only been for sale 2 months. I was intrigued to know who would be moving in across the road from us, so I kept peering through the curtains, trying not to be seen. After ten minutes or so, I finally saw a girl with long, golden, mahogany brown hair, with reddish undertones. She had bright blue eyes, and she was wearing a green tank top, denim shorts, converse and lots of wristbands and bracelets. She also had mint green coloured braces. Then I saw a small black and white cat, protectively following her, the cat rubbed against her well-worn shoes and sat at her feet. After this a male and female walked out the house, which was obviously her parents. The girl didn't look like her mum or her dad, so this left lots of questions in my head. I had to quickly duck behind the curtains before I was seen, so I thought I might as well get dressed and go downstairs as I nothing better to do than watch this girl (but that's kind of creepy).

When I went downstairs I was greeted by Nala, my pet dog. I named her after Nala in the Lion King as that was my favourite film when I was little. She stared at me waiting for me to stroke her. Then walked into the kitchen closely followed by Nala, my mum was at the stove cooking pancakes.

"Hello, what you doing down, you are never awake at this time Tom?" Asked mum.

"The family moving in across the road woke me up." I answered as I sat down at the table.

"Ahh, ok. They better not be a noisy lot, I had enough grief with the last lot!" Exclaimed mum "Pancake?"

"Yes please." I said as mum passed me my plate.

I had another brief conversation with mum whilst eating and then I went back up to my room. I styled my hair, brushed my teeth and washed my face. After this I opened my curtains to find the moving van gone and the little black cat sat outside on the window ledge on the house across the road. The cat turned to face me, and then meowed at me, it was a friendly meow, the type you would use to say hello. In reply I gave a quick smile and laid down on my bed and opened up my laptop to go onto YouTube. I heard a low growl of thunder from outside, but I thought nothing of it.

I spent the rest of the day on YouTube, playing on my Xbox and watching films. Later on that evening I heard shouting through my open window, I tried to ignore it, but it carried on. So I leant out the window to see the two parents of the girl arguing in their living room. My eyes panned up to see the girl, sat outside her window, her legs dangling over the edge. She was drawing, I couldn't see what though, but it looked detailed. She looked up and glanced at me, she gave me a quick smile and got back to drawing. Her face was so pretty, how I wanted to befriend this girl. The way she smiled at me was shyly but at the same time she looked sad. I waved but she didn't see, the sun was setting in a whole concoction of various colours, vibrant oranges, reds and deep purples and pinks - I loved these rare sunsets. It was 10:00pm, so I went and got ready for bed. After this I got into bed and went on my iPad onto YouTube, I must of fell asleep because I woke up at midnight with the iPad laid next to me and my window still open. The arguing had stopped, I went to close the window, she was still on the ledge but this time she was on her laptop with her cat sat next to her. I closed the window and went to sleep.