1st of September

The night before the 1st of September finally arrived. I was getting nervous but excited, I was nervous because I was one of the oldest so I was responsible. I had already got out my case and decided to start packing. I first packed essential clothes, toiletries, and shoes. Then I packed some films and various other things. Next I needed to pack my travel backpack. In this I put my MacBook, iPad, headphones and the chargers for my phone, iPad and MacBook. I also packed a small travel pillow and a light jacket, and a few snacks for the journey down to Heathrow. Scott had the boarding passes for the flights and we all made sure we had our passports.

I couldn't keep still, I was getting so nervous. I was going to be up at 3:00am because we were setting off really early so we had plenty of time. I went downstairs and went to sit in the lounge with mum. My mum had now started asking me questions about what I had packed and if I had packed this etc. I just kept answering yes, because it made it easier. It was 9:30pm and someone knocked at the door.

"I'll get it." I told mum. I answered the door and there Luna stood there, in the pouring rain. She was drenched and her makeup had run all down her face. I frantically rushed her in and asked where she had been.

"Hiya, sorry I couldn't cope being at home so I went to the beach. But it started raining and I didn't want to go home." She said.

"Who is it Tom?" Asked mum.

"It's Luna."

"Ahh come in Luna, you're quite welcome to stay for some pizza." Said my mum.

"Thank you. God I’m so nervous."

"Yeah me too." I said whilst walking into the living room. Luna dried off and cleaned her face of washed off makeup. We sat down on the sofa and my mum brought through some pizza and a glass of wine for herself. Nala came through and sat on my lap. My mum and Luna talked for ages about her real mum and Brazil. I tried to join in conversation but my mind kept wandering and I kept getting distracted. My mum asked if I was alright, I said yeah I was just thinking about stuff. They carried on talking but I just tuned out, I’m not one for talking.

Finally they stopped talking because my mum was off to bed, it was 11:15pm.

"I'm off to bed now Tom, but you too no funny business." Smiled mum.

"Mum! We're only young." I said shocked with what she was suggesting.

"I know, that’s why I'm worried." Said mum whilst Luna giggled.

"Don't worry we were not thinking about anything like that, not at this age." I said reassuring mum.

"Okay, I trust you."

"Mum go! You've made it so awkward now."

"Ok, ok I’m going." Laughed mum. Mum left and grabbed a drink before going upstairs to most likely watch TV in bed. After she had gone upstairs I offered Luna a drink or water or something but she declined. We didn't really talk at all, we just sat there and watched the coal fire. I hadn't bothered with the TV or the radio we just sat listening and watching the fire. My eyes started to close and my head kept dropping, I knew if I stayed here much longer I would fall asleep on Luna's shoulder. I suggested that we should do something like Xbox or play a game or something. But then Luna said she should probably go home and get some sleep. So I helped her put on her shoes and watched her walk out into the eerie, damp street, with just the orange/golden glow of the street lamp. She passed me a wave before she went inside. I then locked the door, turned off the lights and went upstairs to bed. I was so anxious, I had an alarm set for 2:30am so I had time to get ready.

I woke up to the familiar sound of the alarm on my phone, I rubbed my eyes and pulled myself out of bed. I was barely awake. I wandered to the bathroom to wash my face, brush my teeth and style my hair. Next I got dressed, I had laid out the clothes I was going to wear last night. After getting dressed I struggled with my case downstairs with my headphones round my neck. I laced up my sneakers and went to sit in the kitchen to eat some 'breakfast' because I knew I would get hungry. I made myself some yogurt with raspberries and blueberries on top. I sat and ate this at the breakfast bar with Nala at my feet. At 2:55am there was Luna at the door. The sky was pitch black and the air was damp and cold.