When I was 12

I was so tired after all that editing. I put my headphones and listened to music. Music relaxed me, when I was anxious or sad. Also talking to my friends helps too. Charley, who I am closest with, helped me through it when my dad died.

[Flashback]

I saw my dad laid there, in the hospital bed, he looked so peaceful. His coma had lasted for ages. The doctor walked into the room looking very serious, I could tell it was bad news. I clenched my fists and prepared myself for the worst. I exchanged glances with the doctor and he said "I'm afraid your dad will never recover, it will be a miracle if he even is able to come off life support. I think, if it's ok with you, to turn off the life-support."

"No you can't! I can't lose my dad!" I shouted whilst crying. "I love my dad and I can't live without him." My mum came over and hugged me, she was crying too. She held me tight and nodded over to the doctor. The doctor walked over to the life support machine closed his eyes and turned it off. I watched as my dad’s oxygen levels dropped dramatically, and then there was the long beep. "Time of death 3:32am." Muttered the Doctor. He was dead. My own dad. My mother let out a scream and she dropped down to the floor. I started screaming and shouting, I got so angry and I hit the doctor. My mum tried to restrain me but she couldn't. I was going mental, my chest was so tight, and I could barely breathe. I hugged my dad so tightly and I refused to let go. I was crying so much the doctor told me I had to leave. But I still refused. After 2 minutes my older brother grabbed me by the waist. He pulled me off him and said I’m sorry. I started kicking and screaming. My brother was dragging me away, I was helpless, and I would never see my dad again. I just couldn't take it. I was struggling to breath my chest was so tight. Then I my eyes went black and my whole body relaxed, I passed out in my brothers arms. All I could remember was my brother placing me on the floor and doctors and nurses rushing around me. They tried to wake me up, but it was no use, I was out for about 45 minutes. I specifically remember Charley running to my bedside when I woke up. I'm guessing my mum called her because she knew Charley was my best friend. I cried for hours in her arms, and she didn't leave once.

[End of Flashback]

If Charley wasn't there I don't know if I would still be alive. When my dad died I went into depression. It was only 4 years ago so I was 12. A 12 year old in depression. I started self-harming and going into fits of anger and rage. I locked myself in my room. Charley was the only one who helped me, she was the only one who could calm me. I still have the scars on my wrist...from the harming. I try to cover them up but it's no use, there is too many. It took me 3 years to recover, all with the help of Charley. If I felt angry or sad, I would ring her and she would talk to me. If it was so bad we would meet up at the beach and talk. The beach calmed me, she calmed me. Even if it was 1:00am in the morning she would always be there. And that’s why she is my best friend.

At 1:15 am I went and sat out on my window ledge and saw Luna sat on hers. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun and she was facing away from me. She turned quickly to look at me and I saw mascara stains down her cheek. Her eyes were red and she looked like she had been crying. She didn't look back at me, she hid her face away.

"Luna...what’s the matter?" I asked sounding concerned.

"Nothing, you don't need to know. “ She said between sniffing and wiping her eyes.

"Well something’s obviously the matter and I want to help!" I said.

"I said you don't need to know!" I could hear the anger in her voice so I stopped asking. I climbed back into my room and left my window open just in case and I laid down on my bed on my iPhone. I heard her break down into tears again, so I crept downstairs and out the house. Next I sneaked across the road in my hoodie and pj bottoms.

"Luna can I come up?" There was no reply so I climbed up the drain pipe. Don't ask how I managed, but I got up there.

When I was on the ledge where she sat every night, I saw her sat hugging her knees with her head buried in her legs. I went over and hugged her, just like Charley did for me when I was upset. I saw Luna's drawings scattered across the ledge each one help down by a pebble from the beach. Her drawings were amazing, they were so detailed and good.

"Your drawings are amazing!" I exclaimed.

"You don't need to look at them. But thanks." She said whilst tiding away her drawings under one pebble. She wiped away her tears, offered me a drink and brought me a blanket. The little black and white cat was laid on her bed, curled up in a tight ball.

"She’s called Amber, she’s only 7 months old." said Luna whilst scratching behind Amber’s ear, Amber purred back affectionately and rubbed her head against Lunas hand.

"So what’s the matter?"

"Well, I don't know how to say this, but..."

[To be continued]

AN

So I attached a photo to this, I thought this picture is perfect! I managed to find a boy which kinda looked like KickThePj, which is what I wanted Tom to look like. I'm proud of myself haha. Thanks for reading x