2nd Day - Unsafe

AN *Trigger warning* Contains parts which may affect some people.

I woke to an empty space next to me. I sat up and looked around the room, I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and pushed my hair back because it was a mess. I saw Luna sat out on the balcony, so I went and joined her.

"How long you been up?" I asked whilst running my fingers through my hair.

"About 2 hours, leave your hair alone. It looks fine."

"But it's messy."

"I think it looks cute now leave it." I did as I was told and blushed slightly.

"I still hate it. What we doing today?"

"Hmm, I need to message her on Facebook and explain."

"Ok, you're defiantly sure it's your mum."

"Yes." Luna snapped back. I rested my head on my hands and looked out over the city. I could hear the rumble of all the air con systems from the hotels and the odd car would drive by. I was still tired because it was 6:15am. So I buried my head in my arms and drifted into a sleep. I didn't wake up until Luna shook me awake because she needed my help. She wanted me to help her decide what to message her mum. So I helped her write her message and then went back inside to go on YouTube. Charley was awake and was also on YouTube.

We didn't really do much for the rest of the day, which was bad. It was because Jasmine was ill so we looked after her. I just stayed on YouTube and listened to the TV for most of the day. We were all dressed but we still couldn't be bothered to do anything.

*** 3 hours later

"Right I’m off out." I stated.

"Where to?" Luna asked.

"To go for a walk, I need to clear my head."

"Ok, we will come with you." She suggested.

"No…I want to go by myself. Sorry."

"Okay see you later." She kissed me on the cheek and waved. I grabbed my phone and key card and left. I went down to the beach and walked along the sands. I slowly felt my head clearing away the thoughts that I hated. I felt calm and at peace. Until now. My phone bleeped in my pocket so I swung out my phone and read the text from an unknown number, it read:

"Yeh, Tom right, Lunas boyfriend. Your girlfriend quite the pretty girl, bit stupid, like her mum. Here to find her mum, well I'm afraid that can't happen. I'm taking Luna away from you and your friends now. To use her to my advantage. She can't meet her mum, the way you want her too."

~Anonymous

I was confused, this person knew my name, mobile number and girlfriends name...also the reason we were in Brazil. I re-read it and then weak at the knees. He said "I'm taking Luna away from you." I shivered at the thought. And suddenly realisation hit me, he was taking Luna! I started running back to the hotel, not even bothering to catch my breath. I ran through the lobby, to the lifts. I pressed the buttons and waited. I ran to our room and quickly unlocked the door. I looked round the room, she wasn't there. This was too much and I carried on looking pretending she was there. But it was too real, she had gone.

"Tom what’s the matter?" Asked Charley with a worried look on her face.

"Where’s Luna?" I stammered.

"She went out an hour ago...why?" This worried me even more, I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"I think something’s happened to her." I broke down in tears.