Helpless

Three days passed and it was 3 days of hell. I hadn't heard from Luna and today she was flying at 7:00pm apparently to social services. And guess what? I had started cutting again. Charley didn't know though, and I didn't intend, to tell her. Lottie had kept texting me, and she kept hinting about being my girlfriend, but I had a girlfriend, even if she was far away, and I just ignored her hints. I and Charley had explained to the others about where Luna was and we were determined to find her. That's why at this moment in time we're on a train on the way to Manchester because that’s where we guessed she would be flying from. I was so anxious because I only had one shot at this, to find her before I lost most contact. The taxi was silent because we were all very nervous and some of us were holding back the tears, including me.

"Tom calm down." I flinched as Charley placed her hand on my shoulder. "Woah calm it. It'll be fine" She said trying to stay strong.

"But what if we're at the wrong airport!?" I argued.

"Hey what's the chance that she's come here aye?"

"Pretty high."

"Well good now relax we're nearly here." Soothed Charley. I checked my phone and the time was 5:30pm, as we got nearer I got more nervous. To the point where I felt like throwing up. I really hoped she would turn up, otherwise I don't know what I would do. I'm glad because I could spot Luna out from a crowd in seconds, so it would be easy if she turned up.

***

We had arrived and were now sitting on the cold stone steps at the front of the massive airport. People were speed walking through the door with their cases whilst we just let the world go by looking out for the girl with mahogany brown hair. Time flew by and it was soon 6:20pm, we had been waiting 40 minutes for Luna, but she hadn't arrived. I had almost given up hope, she must have already gone inside.

"She's not coming is she, we've missed her, c'mon let’s just go." I cried burying my face in my hands.

"Just wait a little longer." Jasmine said, her voice was shaky too, I could tell she was unsure just like the rest of us. I stood up and started pacing whilst wiping away the tears. Scott stood up and faced me placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Tom, stop. I know I'm so scared as well, but let’s try and stay calm." Scott said.

"But we NEED to find her, if not she'll be gone forever." I exaggerated and shouted.

"No. We will find her, don't worry. They can't just take her away."

"But they can." I whispered pathetically, I went weak at the knees and sat down burying my head. I felt them hugging me and trying to comfort me. Great crying in public, I looked like an emotional wreck, which is what I was.

We waited another 5 minutes and then I felt someone nudging me. They nudged me again with their bony elbow, and it turned out to be Jasmine.

"Whaaaat?" I groaned, feeling sleepy all of a sudden.

"Tom you said you could find Luna in crowd in seconds?" She asked.

"Yes, why?" I mumbled, trying to hide the fact that I was crying.

"Well," She paused. "Look up, I'm timing you." I was confused at what she said, but I looked up. Jasmine was right, I could spot Luna in seconds, because I had found her staring in shock at me about 100 metres away. Jasmine and the others smiled and started crying in happiness. I stood up and started walking to Luna with open arms, I was crying now. Luna did the same but started running and so did I. whilst we were doing the dramatic cliché run people stared at us, but I didn't care. Luna lept into my arms and we hugged each other so tight because we didn't want to lose each other. We were both crying and she pulled my tall frame in really tight.