Harsh Memories & Harsh Times

AN

This chapter sounds quite nice with Super Hero by The Script or Starlight by Muse. I don't really know, but I listened to them songs whilst writing this, and they were very inspiring *grabs tissue* so inspiring. Hahaha I'm an idiot.

Enjoy xx

The anticipation was killing me, I was outside my house and so excited to go inside. The taxi dropped me and Luna off and we walked to my front door together, I agreed that Luna could stay the night. We dragged our cases out and then walked up the familiar path together and knocked on the blue door. My mum answered with open arms and was so thrilled that we were back. I hugged her and pulled our cases in. We spent the next hour or so talking to my mum all about our holiday, but we didn't tell her the bad sides of it.

*** One week later.

I was sat watching a film with Luna in my room, we were cuddled up together and had popcorn and various chocolates. These are the times I loved as well, I was starting to become happier I had realised. My need to cut had become less desirable, I think it's because I was at home. I never knew the main story behind Luna's cuts though, I never dared to ask, and even if I started on the subject she became distant and changed the subject. So I guessed she never liked to think about it. I had already told her about myself harm story, which was hard for me and I did cry.

"Tom?" Luna broke the silence.

"Yeh?"

"How did your dad die, I mean why was he in coma?" She inquired. All the harsh memories came flooding back and the tears formed in my eyes. My body started shaking all over and I found myself fumbling around with my hands.

"Erm, well, we were on the way to McDonalds and then...t...t...then a car, out of nowhere, just from nowhere." I broke down in tears and Luna comforted me.

"It's okay Tom you don't have to say anymore." She smiled whilst pulling me in for a hug. I cried on her shoulder for a few minutes and guess what…that urge to cut was back. Her shoulder was all wet now and I apologised. After I had consoled myself I said,

"Back in a minute, I just need to toilet." Whilst wandering out the room.

"Okay." Luna said as she turned to the TV to watch the film. I walked out onto the hall and into the cold bathroom. The razor was in its usual spot so I grabbed the sharp shiny tool and sat down. I rolled up my new bandage and gently scrapped it along my skin and then pressed it down. My skin tore and the red liquid leaked out. The pain wasn't unbearable but it still hurt a lot. I knew I couldn't be too long because I was supposed to just be going to the toilet, I made 4 new cuts. So I cleaned my cuts and put the bandage back and unlocked the door. I couldn't let anyone know about these new cuts. I pattered back quietly to my room and Luna was stood next to my bed when I walked in.

"You cut didn't you." I didn't respond, I turned around and ran out the room. Luna grabbed my wrist which I cut and I yelped out in pain and fell down. I tried to struggle away but her grip was to strong and my arm was too weak.

"Show me your wrist." Luna said firmly.

"Luna you're really hurting me. Please." I cried.

"Let me see your wrist." She said, I cried out more in pain as she tightened her grip. I had never seen this side of Luna and I wasn't enjoying it too much. Despite the fact I was a lot taller than her, I still felt intimidated by her look at this time. I gave in.

"Okay, okay, I cut. But please don't make me show you." I turned my head away, ashamed. She just nodded and led me back to my bed. We cuddled back up and watched the end of the film, which was House at the End of the Street. My mind still wandered from time to time back to the bad thoughts, but I was soon taken away from them by the film.