Luna

[Flashback from Lunas point of view]

I was sat on the sofa minding my own business, when my dad came and sat opposite me on the other sofa.

"Luna, I don't know how to tell you this." He said sounding concerned

"What?" I replied not really caring and not taking my eyes off my iPhone.

"Well your mum isn't really your mum." I put down my phone and turned to my dad. This sentence was really confusing. What did he mean? I gave myself a minutes or two to work it out and then it sank in.

"What? So who is and where is she?" I could feel a lump forming in my throat. My palms were sweating and I was nervous. I was confused.

"Well her name was Evelyn but I called her Eve. But I don't know if she's still alive."

"What?! You don't know where she is? What did you do?! I shouted

"I was depressed and couldn't cope Luna. I chucked her out! She made it worse! Please forgive me!" My dad was close to tears and I was already crying. I felt like my heart had been torn apart. How could I care so much about a person I had only just known existed?

"You left her on the street. And you didn't bother to help her or keep in contact?!" I shouted "You monster, I hate you!" I stood up and started getting so angry. My dad buried his head in his hands and shouted at me.

"I knew you would act like this. You can't just accept the truth. You have to say things like I hate you! They are hurtful Luna!"

"So is chucking out my mum and not giving a bloody toss!" My dad stood up in anger and hit me. He hit me really hard. I could hardly see because of my tears. I looked into my dad's eyes and said bluntly "I hate you." And I walked out the room and I slammed the door on the way out. I heard him cursing at me, he shouted hurtful things that I don't want to say to you. But they hurt. I felt like my heart had been smashed into a thousand tiny pieces. There was no one in the world who cared for me. I could barely breathe, and see. I ran up to my room and curled up as tightly as I could on my bed. I cried for ages, Amber was the only one who came to me and she's a cat.

[End of Flashback]

"The arguments didn't stop until I heard a door slam and my fake mum drive off. I don't mind my, well fake, mum now. She's called Emily, I like her. I thought she was my real mum until now. I really dislike my dad though as you may of guessed." Said Luna. "He's always getting at me for something, it's so irritating." I examined Luna's face closer and I saw various bruises on her neck and also a small cut just above her lip.

"This isn't the first time your dad has hit you, is it Luna?" I asked concerned. She paused and looked to floor. I saw a few tears fall from her amazing eyes.

"No, he has hit me many times before." She whimpered. I leant over and hugged her, she cried into my arm. Then she started to explain everything about her past and her relationship with her dad. I could tell this was hard for her because she kept stammering and pausing. I commented on all her bracelets and wrist bands. She told me they brought back memories and that they were to hide the scars. We both realised we shared something in common. Not that it's a good thing that we both self-harmed. But it meant we could relate to each other and talk about it. This calmed me that someone else knew what I went through.

We talked for ages, until 4:20am in fact. I thought I was best if I went home after that because it was nearly light. I scrambled down the drain pipe, I twisted my ankle on the way down, but I didn't care. I hobbled back to my house and crept in. I walked back into my room and saw Nala sat on my bed waiting for me. I giggled as she nuzzled into me as I laid down to sleep.

AN

It's weird because Zoe and Alfie called their puppy Nala. Sao cute! xxx