Insomnia

Tom's POV

I glanced out the window to see multiple cars parked outside Luna's house, but it thought nothing of it seen as she never really socialised with strange people. I walked away to go get some food from the kitchen and them went back upstairs to check my phone. Luna still hadn't replied, which was strange because she usually replied quickly, even at 3am. The time was 4:45pm so I went out onto the window ledge which is where I stayed for a while. I just listened to music and browsed the internet. I fell asleep and woke back up again at 00:05am but Luna wasn't there. The cold air gave me the shivers, but the deep blue night sky scattered with glistening stars was beautiful. I wished I could be sat with Luna right now, but she wasn't replying. Her cat was sat out on her window ledge surveying the street, but looked lost without her. I decided that I would go round tomorrow to find out. I didn't go inside for a while but when I did, guess what, I couldn't sleep. I was getting sick of my occasional insomnia and wished it would go away. After tossing and turning for what felt like forever but was actually 90 minutes I went downstairs. My laptop came downstairs with me along with my phone and headphones, and I sat down waiting for Charley to reply to my text which I was about to send.

Text to Charley: Hey you awake, I can't sleep?

She replied almost instantly.

Text from Charley: Yeah I'm awake, I'm nervous, something's wrong with Luna...she isn't replying?

Text to Charley: Yeah there is, so fancy a late night walk and takeaway?

Text from Charley: Yeah meet you at the beach at 1:30am. See you then

The time was now 00:45am so I had enough time to get presentable, but it was very early morning so we had an excuse. I styled my hair from its messy form, sorted out my clothes and brushed my teeth. Hopping out into the cool air gave me a chill down my spine, I folded my arms to get warmth and started walking fast. I could spot Charley from a mile off, her hair stood out and her figure. She saw me and ran to hug me.

"Hey, you have any clue what's with Luna?" Charley inquired.

"I saw cars outside her house and her room looked empty, also she hasn't replied to my texts or sat outside."

"This is so strange, I wonder why? She's starting school here soon with me."

"Yeah! Charley I'm going round tomorrow to ask what's up."

"Good plan, so you hungry? Or you want to make a video star?" Exclaimed Charley whilst waving her iPhone about and pointing towards the Italian. I pondered the question for a bit then I answered.

"Video star then pizza!" I said excitedly like a 5 year old child.

"That it is then." Charley beckoned me towards the beach and we started making a video to 'Kids' by MGMT. This took us about 2 hours, using the glow of the beach lights and the pale moonlight. We had such a laugh and the video looked great in the dark, it suited the song really well. After this we walked across to the Italian and ordered, Margherita Pizza for me and Pepperoni for Charley. The smell was amazing whilst we anticipatedly waited for our order to be ready. We sat like excited children smiling and sniffing the air every minute. Then it was finally ready, we eagerly grabbed our order and ran onto the beach. We opened up the boxes and dived into the pizza. The pizza was amazing and we finished it up really quickly.

***

*Beep* my phone went off at 4:00am, when I looked at the screen it was from Luna, thank god for that, I said under my breath.

Text from Luna: I'm sorry Tom, I had my phone taken away, please go to my dad he will explain, I'm so sorry for what he's going to say and it will hit you hard but please be strong. Xxxx