Miracle Girl

AN

So this could be the last chapter in this story. Or I may write another. But quite frankly this was my first ever book and I have enjoyed every second of it. I loved creating the character and controlling everything about them. Don't leave me all together as I am hoping to write a sequel to Girl in the Window and there's my other book. So be prepared for a sequel and maybe a few bonus chapters. Love you all and thank you for staying with me. Xxx

"Tom come up quickly, we have something for you!" Squealed Jasmine racing upstairs shortly followed by us. The anticipation was killing me, what on earth could they of got me? There was nothing that I wanted or needed apart from Luna, but nothing could bring her back. Charley dragged me upstairs and into her room. Jasmine held up a rectangular piece of paper and that piece of paper was probably one of the best things I have ever read and been given.

Luna's POV

Being sat in maths class watching the world go by was probably the worst thing ever. There were so many things I could be doing other than sat listening to a boring teacher speaking a language I barely knew. To be honest I was so scared and nervous, Tom hadn't text me for 2 days. What if he's found someone else? Or he's dead? Stop Luna. I've text him so many times, but he's ignoring me. The bell rang for the end of school so staggered out with my shoulders slumped and went to my locker. I collected my books and walked out of school and across the playground on my iPod. When I got to the gate I paused for second and carried on iMessaging on the schools WiFi but just as I was about to press send to Tom that's when I saw a tall boy with brown curly hair and slim legs in tight black jeans. It took my eyes a second to adjust but what I saw was real. The boy looked up at me and a smile spread across his lips and his eyes lit up. I smiled and began crying, I staggered backwards in shock and covered my mouth, and my jaw had dropped. I couldn't believe this. My body kept staggering backwards and my feet tripped on a rock and I began falling backwards. Just as I was about to fall fully two arms caught me and a deep voice spoke.

"Careful, you don't want to fall." I turned around to find Scott behind me smiling. Then Jasmine came and stood next to Scott and wiped away my tears and hugged me.

"Go on. Give Tom a hug, it's been really tough for him." Jasmine insisted. Then Charley came out of nowhere and hugged me too and also told me to go talk to Tom. My stomach filled with butterflies and my eyes filled with fresh tears. I turned around and saw him stood there, looking so beautiful, just leaning casually against the wall. I checked for traffic and ran across and leapt into his arms. These were the hugs I had missed. Tom began crying too and hugged me tighter than ever.

"I'm never letting you go again." He whispered.

"I'm never letting myself leave again." I replied. We ended the hug and turned to face the others who were smiling like hell. Then Scott held up his hand signalising one minute. Scott and Jasmine checked for traffic and crossed, and joined us, then Charley finished tying her shoe lace and started walking across. But she never checked for traffic. She never checked. The screeching, screams of terror, the pounding of feet. Panic filled the air. Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw in that split second.

"CHAAAARLEY!" Screamed Tom, he let go of me and ran, jumped over the car and went to her. We followed quickly after and I sat next to Tom. He was crying and shaking. I hugged him as tightly as before and didn't let go. Charley. Charley went over the car, going at 25-30mph, and landed on the concrete with a harsh bang. She was knocked out cold instantly. Her head and whole body was scratched all over, a cut on her head bled her Scarlett blood and her leg was twisted in the wrong direction. Charley. Beautiful Charley. She had stayed strong through so much and helped Tom through everything. She didn't deserve this. People crowded round as an ambulance fired onto the street. They examined Charley, picked her up and carted her off. Only one woman on the ambulance spoke English and she explained everything to us. Surprisingly they let us all on.