The Beach & Charley

My eyes fluttered open and I woke up with Miranda still playing and Nala licking the plate with left over cake crumbs on. There was a small amount of blissful light beaming through a gap in the blinds. I stretched as I got up from the couch, maybe sleeping on it wasn't the best idea, and put the plate into the dishwasher. Next I turned off Miranda and checked the time, it was 5:24am. My head ached so I needed to clear it. I walked upstairs to the bathroom. My hair was a mess so I sorted that out, I got dressed then brushed my teeth. My hands searched for a pen and paper so I could write a note and leave it under a bowl in the kitchen. When I went back upstairs I quickly glanced out my bedroom window, to see Luna laid asleep on the window ledge, she had a blanket wrapped round her tightly curled up body and her small cat guarding her. Then I grabbed my bike from the shed and began riding.

With the warm golden sun beating down on my back I rode down the empty street. I could hear the low early morning rumble of the city and the occasional bird tweeting. My hair was being pushed back by cool breeze. The sun was low in the sky and I could feel the damp morning air on my face. There were not many souls to be seen, the streets were empty - like everyone had packed up and gone away. There were papers being blown around and the litter pickers were cleaning up the city for the day time rush. By this time it was only 6:00am. I rode down to the beach, I loved the beach. In my opinion the beach was the best place to clear my head. It was so beautiful.

The waves frothed up in a white foam on the shore, and there was peachy coloured shells littered across the beach. There was an elderly man walking across the beach with his golden Labrador who he called Mistia. I had spoken to him once before, he told me about his dog and his life. He owned a beach hut, I used to see him sat in it with his dog, painting. Anyways I tied up my bike and sat on the beach. I gazed into the horizon and let the wind blow into my face, it felt like all my worries and thoughts were being blown away and cleansed from my mind. My shoes were getting wet so I took them off and let the water wash up over my feet. The water was so cold every time it touched my feet it made them tense.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder, I turned quickly too see one of my best friends Charley. She said "Hi what you doing here?" In a calm tone.

"I couldn't sleep, so I rode down to the beach. You?" I replied.

"I was awake too, I saw you ride by. So I guessed you must have gone to the beach." Yawned Charley. Charley is my best friend. She has long, dyed burgundy hair with long loose curls - her complexion is olive tanned skin. Her eyes are emerald green, she has a big smile and is very pretty. I'm 6ft so that makes her about 5ft 6. She was wearing a grey hoodie and denim shorts. Her snapback was black with superman logo on it. Her long hair flowed in the wind she sat next to me hugging her knees.

"So what you thinking?" Whispered Charley

"Just about life and how I love this time of day." I murmured back

"It's so quiet and peaceful. I love it. I often come down here either in the evening or at this time," Charley told me "We should ask Scott and Jasmine to come down to the beach. Come on lets go to eat, I’m starving!" She exclaimed. I followed Charley to the 24 hour McDonalds and we sat in there and ate. I texted Scott and Jasmine to come down to the beach for 9:00. Jasmine replied an hour later and then Scott did a few minutes later. It was only 7:30 so I and Charley stayed in McDonalds for a while.

***

Finally 9:00 arrived and Scott and Jasmine came running by, they pulled faces through the windows making me and Charley giggle. We got up and walked outside. Jasmine has long black hair put into a fishtail plait. Her eyes are ocean blue and she is of slim figure. Jasmine is the bubbliest of us 4, she is always smiling and is very loyal but at the same time worries a lot. She was wearing a skater dress with a light blue cropped denim jacket. Her feet were occupied by some galaxy converse which I had always found so cool. Scott has thick dark brown hair which he wears in a quiff, and chocolate brown eyes. He has a defined face and is very tall (6ft 3). He is quite muscular and very athletic. Scott was wearing a batman t-shirt and jeans. His sneakers were Nike and were blue. Scott is hilarious and knows how to make us laugh, basically the joker of the group. My friends were amazing and I couldn't ask for better ones. We supported each other through everything and each one of us knew what to do in hard times. We ticked together like clockwork if you like. Each one of us were very close with each other meaning we could talk about almost anything. Even though not many of us had other friends, we didn't really care because we all had each other. I'd rather have a few true friends than a ton of fake ones. Being popular didn't appeal to me, if you're popular I feel you have too much reputation to uphold and you can't do anything without the whole school finding out and gossiping about within the hour. It's so crap in my opinion.