Going Places

[5 Weeks Later]

I and Luna were walking down to the beach - well she was on crutches - at 5:50am. The sun was rising and there was a slight chill to the air. I could tell Luna was getting sick of being on crutches because everytime she had to go out she complained, we were out this early because Luna wanted to speak to me, but she was desperate to talk. I was wearing a grey shirt and dark grey jeans with a jacket and sneakers. Luna was wearing black leggings and a blue tank top, with her converse and a kimono. She had tied her hair into a messy pony tail.

When we arrived at the beach there was a cool spine chilling breeze, but the sun made it bearable. We sat on the soft, cool sand and Luna started explaining something to me.

"You know my mum, my real mum?" Questioned Luna.

"Yes, why have you found her?!" I exclaimed.

"Not quite, erm, well she is alive!" Squealed Luna "I found her on Facebook and I know it's her because she looks like me."

"Wow, are you sure, I mean it could be anyone?" I said sounding concerned.

"No it's her, it's the right name and everything." She argued.

"Well if you say so." I said unsure.

"Well I was thinking...I want to find her." Said Luna timidly "Can you help me?"

"Woah Luna, I don't know...this is big."

"Please! It would mean the world to me!" She begged.

"But I don't know where to start."

"Well I know that she lives in Brazil, so we could...”

I interrupted "Brazil! Luna how are we going to get there? I mean by plane but we haven't got enough money." Luna pulled a purse out of her pocket when she opened it, it was filled with £50 notes. I never seen one £50 note in my whole life never mind a purse full.

"Where did you get that?" I hissed. Whilst hiding the purse.

"It's my savings, I have been saving since the age of 5." Smiled Luna.

"What about my mum? How am I going to convince her?"

"Tom you're 16 and going to be 17 tomorrow, you can do what you want, please just tell her you're going on holiday" I totally forgot that it was my birthday tomorrow, I have been too busy to remember the day of the week never mind the month. She was right, I’m 17 tomorrow I can do what I want. I decided to go along with it, I’ve got nothing to lose.

"Okay, I will do it." Luna leant forward with joy and kissed me on the cheek. She realised what she had done and looked at me shyly and said sorry. She went scarlet in the cheeks. I said its fine and she stood up in her crutches. I looked up to the eerie sky and could see the dark grey clouds floating through the sky. I felt a drop of rain on my cheek I looked to Luna, I could have sworn she was crying but I didn't question her. We stood in the rain and looked up into the sky. I felt Lunas hand wrap round mine, I didn't move away I grasped it tight. I turned and looked at her, and yes she was crying we both smiled at each other and then turned back to the sky.

***

Luna was due at the hospital to get her leg cast off - her arm was very badly damaged so her arm wasn't healed fully - so we slowly walked up to the hospital. The sky looked beautiful the clouds had turned a fiery orange colour because of the sun rising and the rain was still falling. On the way I saw some old school mates, we have left school this year and will be off to college soon. I glanced over to them and smiled and waved, they said hi and also waved. My mind was filled with thoughts and ideas, mainly about my birthday tomorrow. What was I going to do? No doubt my friends would have planned something...I hope.

We arrived at the hospital at 7:30am the appointment wasn't until 8:30am so we went to the cafe.

"Typical that the lifts are broken." I said.

"Yeah, can you help me up the stairs please?"

"Yeah sure!" I helped Luna up the stairs, and so did some nurses, even though her cast was coming off her leg was still in pain. We ordered a hot chocolate with the usual toppings and a chocolate muffin, then paid. Whilst we sat and ate we talked about going to Brazil. People kept eying us up, they gave us dirty looks, especially Luna. I don't know why, maybe it was the 'holiday' or something else that I couldn't see or was too dumb to work out. But I felt uncomfortable, very uncomfortable, I didn't like it at all and I could feel and anxiety attack coming on. I have had anxiety ever since my dad died, it's horrible, I kind of just developed it and it's got progressively worse over the years. I told Luna we had to get out of here, so we quickly left as fast as Luna could go. The appointment was on floor 5, meaning 4 flights of stairs because we were on floor 1. I asked if some nurses could help us and they did. Once we had been called through to the room where they removed the cast it had gone 9:15am. The nurses removing the cast were so friendly, they chatted away to us all the way through it. Next Luna had to go for an X-Ray to check everything was fine and it was so they gave her a bandage support and we left. She had to still use crutches though because her leg was very weak.

We got out of the hospital and it had stopped raining, we next went back down to the beach and Jasmine and the rest were sat there. They came over and we all hugged each other then they asked Luna how her leg was and then we just sat down on the beach. My mind was still buzzing, I was thinking of asking the Jasmine, Charley and Scott to come to Brazil. I'm sure they would love to come. Anyways Scott is 17 and the girls are both 16, so they are legally allowed. But I didn't have the guts to do it, so I just left it for now.

We started playing in the sand and then the water. We were splashing about in the sea whilst Luna sat on the sands and took photos and videos. It was so funny taking motion stills of us splashing each other and taking funny prank videos. None of us had any swimwear so we all got our clothes soaking wet. But neither of us seemed to care, we were having fun. Me and Scott took off our tops and went deeper into the water. Scott had a very muscular body, he almost had a six pack. I wasn't as muscular but I still had a toned back and stomach - so you could say I was muscular. Anyways the girls obviously couldn't take off their tops so they didn't go as deep as us into the sea.

By midday the sun had come out and was making it very hot, it was about 28 degrees Celsius, which is hot for Britain. So we got out the water and joined Luna on the sand. She started showing us the photos that we had taken and then the videos. We were laughing at one so much because it was one where Scott splashed Jasmine and she tried to splash him back but ended up falling over. After this we all laid down in the hot sand and dried off, we closed our eyes too. Some of us slept, but at 1:45pm I woke up. I sat up to see all of us had tanned quite a lot from just lying in the sun. I woke the others and we decided to go the ice cream cafe. As we were picking up our things, we noticed Luna's crutches had gone. My eyes darted around looking for an idiot who had taken them. There was no one with them. I alerted Charley of this and she started looking, Scott and Jasmine followed. We were asking people if they had seen someone take them, but no one had a clue. Scott suggested that we were just going to have to lift her so me and Scott (because we were the strongest) lifted her up from under her arm, and she put an arm on my shoulder and her other on Scott’s. And we lifted her up off the ground and we walked her to the cafe. Charley and Jasmine looked around along the way for people with her crutches but they found no one.