Torn Apart

Oh hey der. That’s how I greet my friend’s haha ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I had to include the Lenny Face haha. Anyways enjoy this particular heart rending chapter and story. I promise it will get happier soon! A lot happier *pulls Lenny Face*. Anyways (I use this word too often) enjoy <3 x

Toms POV
I wiped the tears from my eyes and stared at the ended Skype call. 'This Skype call has ended' probably the thing that I really didn't want to see at this moment in time. I feared for Luna. How would I know if she was alive, breathing, hurt, fine or anything really? I wouldn't. That's the answer and that's what I feared and hated about her being in Brazil.

"Tom?" Asked Jasmine cautiously.

"She's gone." I mumbled distantly, I could say the same for my stare.

"Come here." Said Charley opening her arms wide. I fell into them and cried on her shoulder, the others joined.

"I know this is hard Tom, but you've got to come to terms with it. Please, I can't bear to see you like this anymore." Said Charley.

"How? How can me knowing the girl I love and care for is thousands of miles away. All the way across a massive ocean?! Tell me how?!" My voice got louder and louder.

"I don't know. But you've got us to help you. Just please, I don't want you to become depressed again."

"Easier said than done." I muttered under my breath.

"Pardon?"

"Nothing"

"Luna will be fine. She's a strong girl." Said Jasmine.

"But she conveys that image of herself. She's actually quite weak and unstable inside. I know her too well..." I said sadly.

"Oh." She paused. "Have a plan?"

"No. But I'm going to think of one. You guys do whatever." So that's what happened. The others played on the Xbox and PS4 whilst I thought up ideas and a plan. There was clearly something not right about this. A book didn't hit her, I know when she's lying. I think it has something to do with her step dad. But he wouldn't would he? I mean I've never met him, but I just didn't think Luna's mum would have a guy like that.

***

At least 2 hours passed before I spoke again. For the others it just passed quickly. As fast as falling asleep. They forgot about me, quietly sat in the corner thinking over things. They were too busy not caring on Xbox. I felt it was time to tell them what I had been thinking over. So I cleared my throat, still staring down at the floor, and spoke.

"We have to go back there." I said clearly, I hadn't spoken for a while so they were shocked....or was that because of what I just said?

"What?!" Said Scott loudly.

"You heard me." I replied, standing up off the floor.

"Back to Brazil?" I nodded. "Why?" Scott raised his voice, making it sound like I'd just announced I was moving to Italy or something. The look on all their faces said it all. Were they oblivious and stupid?

"Luna is really not safe there, I'm so scared." I shouted. Then I saw their faces. "You don't believe me...do you?" I could feel my self-becoming tearful and more emotional.

"I've said all that needs to be said. Now stop, she's fine. She's not in a war torn country, she's in a decent part of Brazil now stop it." Said Jasmine sternly, barely taking her face off her laptop screen. This was ridiculous. I'd never seen this side of Jasmine before. She was only ever this bad if something was really bothering her, and it could only be one thing. Luna.

"Can't yo..." I started but Jasmine sternly and quickly shut me up.

"Stop it. Just STOP IT!" Shouted Jasmine, tears now falling down her pale cheeks.

"No you listen to me!" I screamed, standing up.

"Get out." She hissed. This hit me like a bullet. This was my best friend, not my enemy. How was this happening? I looked at the other two, who were just sat in shock; not daring to intervene. So I swiftly grabbed my things, swatted the tears from my eyes and left. With no words said. This was tearing us apart, breaking up the inseparable group. This needed to stop. Running away wasn't going to make it better but it's the only thing I could do at this moment in time.

I ran down the winding streets, under the moonlit streets and the eerie glow of the streetlights, not having a clue where I was going. Carrying my laptop under my arm in a satchel probably wasn't the best plan. I was likely to get mugged. The harsh sea breeze hit my face as I ran, battling through it. Not a soul could be seen there was just me. The adrenaline & anxiety rushed through me, I wasn't keen on the dark. I heard a loud sudden crashing noise behind me. I turned my head to check, still running, then darkness. All I could see was black and feeling my body smashing hard onto the cold ground.

*** 1 Day Later

"Don't sit up too quickly Tom." I heard a female voice say softly. I slowly opened my eyes, my vision was blurred. A horrible pain filled my forehead and made me dizzy.

"Now you've had a harsh blow to the head, enough to knock you out in fact. You've been out for just over a day, about 25 hours. The time now is 9:30pm. Can you remember anything?" Said a nurse. I propped myself up and started speaking to her.

"A DAY?! No, all I remember was that I was running, and I was crying and then just black, nothing."

"Ok, good start. A man found you. He presumed you walked into a lamppost and then fell down after from being knocked out. So you must have hit the lamppost pretty hard to be knocked out. You falling and hitting your head on the concrete too has caused you to have an even worse head injury than if you would've to just hit the post. It's lucky someone found you, otherwise you could've died. Luckily you didn't have internal bleeding, but you do have a nasty cut and bruise on your forehead and your scalp. But we've stitched that up." This was a lot of information to take in all at once. At least this explained everything. Now to face the wrath of my friends and mum.