Just Memories

AN

Haha I knew this would happen. I announce that my story is Hiatus but then I publish a chapter a day later. Anyways enjoy xx

Lunas POV

Being dragged away from Tom like that was probably the most heart breaking thing I've ever gone through. But I had no choice. What have I done? I feel so bad, I feel like a part of me is missing. I've been crying for the whole plane journey and refusing to talk to anyone who's from social services. This was the worst that could happen. I should never of let them take me because I knew how unstable Tom was, I knew he would start cutting again, and maybe even...no. That will not happen.

"Ladies and gentlemen we are now beginning our descent into landing." Said the pilot. The little seat-belt icon appeared and we all put out belts on. There was no going back now, I would be landing in Rio soon. I promised Tom that I would message him ASAP, but I didn't know how. 

***

"Luna hurry, your taxi will be here in 10 minutes to take you to your mums." Ordered the woman. I stood up, grabbed my case from the conveyor belt and started pulling it behind me towards the taxi bays. The airport was so busy and I didn't speak a word of their language. I hated crowded places. The sooner I got to the taxi, the better. We paced through the airport and eventually found the taxi bays where my taxi was waiting. Luckily the woman, who I hated, didn't have to come with me for this, I had a new social worker. I put my case in the boot and got into the back of the cab where a young, about 24 year old, Brazilian guy was sat. 

"Hello my name's Luiz, I'll be your social worker here in Brazil and I'll be working with your other social worker back in Britain." Said Luiz in a strong friendly Brazilian accent. I smiled back to him.

"Hello." I said shyly.

"There's no need to be shy, I'm not a horrible social worker, and I try to be as friendly as possible." Said Luiz. For once in my life I had a social worker who cared and was friendly to me. I was so pleased. Luiz was so nice, friendly and was really trying to gain my trust. I was planning to be moody, sarcastic and horrible but I just couldn't. Luiz was a tall thin man, obviously tanned and had black slightly curly hair. He wore a smart outfit which was black trousers, white shirt with a blue tie and black shoes. 

"You'll be at your mums soon, so here’s my card, call me if you ever need help. I will visit every week to see how you're getting on." Luiz said in a friendly tone.

"Thanks, but, why can't I go back to Britain to see my boyfriend and friends." 

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise they had taken you away, that's horrible. In my eyes it's wrong but there's no one to look after you in Britain so it's our duty to take you to live with your closest family member." I looked down at the seat, I couldn't keep eye contact without crying, and I took off my jumper.

"But I miss them so much, they were the first friends I'd ever had and now they've been taken away from me. I've never had friends or anyone and finally when I feel that everything in my life is perfect it gets taken away from me. Why can't everything just stay perfect for once, why do people always ruin it? I haven't done anything wrong!" I shouted and I started to cry. My voice was getting louder as I got angrier and angrier.

"I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do. But please stay calm..." He trailed off. "What's this on your wrist?"

"I use to self-harm. Please I want to go back to Britain, I want Tom and all my friends." I whispered. He didn't say anything but he just hugged me, because I crying quite a lot now. I didn't reject his hug because I really needed one. But then we arrived at my mums house, I was so relieved. Luckily my mum was kind and caring as I found out after meeting her not long ago. We pulled up outside and my mum was there waiting. I stumbled out of the cab and my mum saw how upset I was and quickly ran over.

"Luna, baby, what's the matter?" She asked concerned.

"Everything." I cried. She hugged me tighter and I cried harder.

"Bye Luna, I'll leave you and your mum alone. See you next week." Said Luiz putting down my suitcase.

"Thank Luiz for everything." I quickly ran over to him and hugged him.

"It's all fine miss, bye bye." Said Luiz, and then he got back into the cab and then he went. My mum welcomed me into the house and showed me to my room, which was pretty big. I had a double bed, large wardrobe, bedside tables, dressing table, TV and that was It., otherwise, my room was empty. My mum stood nervously at the door whilst I walked around the room admiring it all. The walls were just white and the floor was laminated. But my mum made an effort and put some Polaroid style photos on one part of the wall surrounded by fairy lights.

"Mum it's beautiful."

"Oh I'm glad you like it." Suddenly I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. A tall and well-built man walked through the door and...Wait....it was the one of the guys who kidnapped me in Brazil with Tom. A sudden rush of fear and anxiety filled my body, like death taking its prey. 

"Hey you want to go... oh hi, Luna right?" He said in a friendly tone.

"Yeah." I said nervously.

"Jake, I'm your mum’s boyfriend."

"Oh okay." I wasn't getting friendly with this so called 'Jake' I knew what he was truly like.

"So shall we go out tonight?" He said to mum whilst dragging her out of the room leaving me in peace. I decided to start unpacking. First my clothes, I quickly put them away into my wardrobe. Then my toiletries on the dressing table, games console and games on the TV shelf under the TV on the wall. Then my photo album, which I hid under my bed because it was sentimental and very precious to me. All the pictures of me and my friends brought back the many great memories we had had in less than a year. There were some other photos in there, but my favourites were the ones of us lot. I carefully turned each page, becoming more emotional with each turn.

I quickly snapped the book shut and hid it when I heard someone coming upstairs towards my room. It was Jake, he didn't look his 'happy self' and just looked like he did when he kidnapped me.

"Luna." He said sternly.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Give me your laptop, phone and any other means of communication you have." I gawped at this, no this couldn't be happening I needed to keep in contact with Tom, Scott, Charley and Jasmine.

"No why!?" I said disgusted.

"Give them to me now, or I'll hit you." I pushed my laptop and phone behind me so he couldn't grab them.

"Go on then, I've had enough abuse for a lifetime, so this won't affect me." I said in an emotionless tone. Then he grabbed my arm, very tight, and started twisting it slowly. This was so painful and I called out for mum several times and I began crying.

"Don't bother calling, she's out, and you won't tell her." He said getting closer to me.

"Ow! Get off that really hurts." I shouted trying to force him off. He shuffled uncomfortably close and started twisting more and holding tighter. "GET OFF...ARRRRR!" I screamed.

"Now give them to me now, or I'll break your wrist." He whispered in my ear.

"No. I need to keep in contact with my friends." I said. Then he slapped me hard across the face and let go of my wrist. I quickly fell down flat on the bed, crying harder. He picked up the laptop and phone and stood up.

"Now you don't tell your mum about this. Bye for now Luna." He walked off and slammed the door behind him. I cried even harder and nursed my wrist. He had bruised it badly, but it wasn't broken but my face really hurt. I lay crying on my bed, loudly, and in pain, missing my friends, my beautiful boyfriend. Then I saw a forgotten photo, which had fallen out the album, laying in the bottom of my case. It was my favourite photo of me and Tom. We had gone to the beach and Scott had his professional camera so he decided to do a photo shoot and this was my favourite. I and Tom were sat hugging but then he quickly pecked me on the cheek and I pulled a shocked face because he did it at random and Scott managed to capture that moment. I loved that day. But now they're just memories and it looks like they will stay memories for a while.