Prologue

"Behind you!" I heard Cory yelling to the left of me.

I quickly stab the person in front of me, just in time to dodge the fist coming at me from behind. I grab his wrist and twist it behind his back. I could distinctly hear his wrist crack indicating I broke it.

The man screamed in pain as he fell down while holding his now broken wrist. I then took my knee and kicked his throat making the man choke. He started begging for his life as he held his throat.

"Please! I'll do anything! Just please don't kill me." The man begged.

He started to cry loudly causing my arm to shake. I began to hesitate and lowered the knife. As soon as I was caught off guard, man attacked me very roughly making both of us fall to the ground roughly. I tried to fight him off but he quickly had me pinned on the ground.

Both of his legs were on each side of me with his hands around my neck. I slapped him but it didn't phase him. If anything his grip around my neck began to tighten. I was about to pass out, but I heard a loud gunshot. I loudly gasp for air as the mans grip loosened.

Within a couple seconds, the man fell on top of me to reveal Cory behind me. I laid there for a bit trying to catch my breathe, not even caring that a dead man'a body was on top of mine. Cory walked to me and grabbed the man's collar, pushing him off of me.

"You okay?" He asked softly.

I didn't respond as I was still in shock. He squatted next to me. I finally gained enough strength to raise up. Even with Cory squatting, he was much taller. I tried to stand up but yelped in pain. "Hey! Easy!" He said scolding me.

I turned my head to look at him. My eyes met with his dark brown eyes. "There's something about you.." He said starting up a conversation.

"I don't know what it is or why I'm feeling this way, but.." he started to lean in on my lips. I could feel his hot breathe fanning my face but a loud gunshot was heard. I looked to my left and see a man standing there with a gun pointing at us. I thought it missed us until I looked at Cory with a painful expression.

I look down and see him holding his side. Blood was already pouring down his clothes and onto the concrete. I grabbed Cory's gun off his belt and shot the man before he had a chance to shoot me too.

"CORY!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OKAY SO A SMALL PROLOGUE FOR EVERYONE TO GET THIS STORY GOING. I REALLY HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY THIS STORY. LOVE YOU ALL!!