Chapter 18; Changes

Light snoring woke me from my sleep. I opened my eyes, blinking to adjust my eyes to the light. The first thing I see is Cory sleeping peacefully. He was snoring lightly and his fair fell over his face. I smiled to myself and scooter closer to him.

He immediately raised his arm up and scooped me into his chest. "Good morning." He croaked out. I hummed in response and buried my face into his neck.

"I'm cold." Cory chuckled and threw the comforter over my shoulders. "Maybe because the blanket wasn't on you." He retorted.

"Yeah because someone decided to come in here at 3 am and throw my sheets everywhere." He laughed then planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Do you feel any different?" He asked. I shook my head no and chuckled. "I am sore as fuck though."

"I'm sorry if I was too rough." He mumbled. I smiled and raised my head up to look at him.

"You wasn't too rough. Anyways, what's the plan for today?" He seemed to be thinking then he looked back at me.

"Well, considering you might not be able to walk properly, let's take the day off. You've been training a lot so you deserve a day off."

My belly growled loudly interrupting our talk. "Looks like someone is hungry." I nodded and smiled slightly.

"Get dressed and meet me in the kitchen. I'll cook us something to eat." He kissed my forehead once again then climbed out of bed. I stayed in bed for a bit until I decided to get up.

I threw on some sweatpants and limped into the kitchen. Cory had his pans out and had already started making breakfast. A knock on the door was heard causing my head and Cory's head to turn toward the door.

"I'll get it." I walked to the door and unlocked it. "Bout time y'all let me in. It's cold as fuck outside." Kisu whined. I stepped out of the way and let him inside. I locked the door back and walked back over the island.

I sat down and waited until our food was done. "Have you watched the news?" Kisu immediately said. We both shook our head no, causing Kisu to walk into the living room and turn on the tv.

"A mass murder happened over night but no one seemed to know it was going on. We did background researches on the men and discovered they were in a gang here in Seoul. We can only assume the killers can be another gang. We will be back later when we have new information on the case."

I sighed deeply and turned my attention back to Cory. "That's not the first time we've been on the news." Cory chuckled. Kisu laughed as well and sat beside me. They stopped laughing when another news article spoke up.

"In other news, Ji Eun has still been missing and her parents are looking for her as we speak. She has been missing close to 5 days now and we have no lead of where she could be."

A photo of me popped up into the screen. "Fucking wonderful.." i mumbled.

"Time to change your appearance." Kisu laughed. "Like hell." I retorted. I looked at Cory to see he had his eyebrows raised. "Flip the bacon or it's gonna burn."

He did as I said and I turned my attention back to Kisu. "Seriously though. Dye your hair to begin with." He started naming off other ways I could change my appearance but I zoned out.

"Huh? I wasn't listening." I replied. Kisu stopped talking then rolled his eyes. "Aish this girl." I chuckled slightly. "Actually there's something I've always wanted to do but my parents wouldn't let me."

"Which is?" Kisu asked. I showed him a picture of a nose piercing and he raised his eyebrows at me. "Your joking?" He replied.

"What is it?" Cory asked. I showed him the picture and he sighed. "You do you." He said. "Kisu! Take me out to get it done and we can grab some hair dye while we're at it."

Cory turned to glare at me. "Your eating first. Then you can go." Me and Kisu both stared at him with a shocked expression on our faces. "Your letting me go? Without you?"

He nodded slightly. I took a drink of the water that Cory had set out for me  "Jeez what happened to you overnight?" I choked on my water and started coughing.

"Dude you okay?" Kisu asked patting my back. "Yeah I'm fine." I looked up at Cory but looked away when I seen he was smirking at me. "Here." He placed my plate in front of me and I wasted no time eating.

Once I was finished, I left to go change my clothes. Once I was done, I did my girly things in the bathroom then returned to the kitchen. "Okay I'm ready."

"Be careful. Text me every now and then to let me know y'all are okay." I rolled my eyes and grabbed my phone. "Yes dad." He chuckled and took a bite out of his food.

I followed Kisu to his car and climbed in the passenger side. "Here." He handed me a face mask and I quickly threw it on. "And this." He handed me a hat and told me to change my ponytail to a bun.

"Ready for some changes?"