Chapter 4; Allies or Enemies

"I'm Jeonguk. Nice to meet you."

I bowed slightly and moved the hair out of my face. "I'm Ji Eun. Nice to meet you too I guess." He reached out and petted my head. "Ah don't be afraid! I'm not as strict as Cory." He said and glared at Cory. Cory scoffed and walked to the fridge and grabbed another bottle of water.

He tossed it to Jeonguk and grabbed himself one. "Wow thanks.." I mumbled. He walked into the living room along with Jeonguk. I walked to the fridge and observed. Water, Wiskey, Soju and tea. I grabbed me a bottle of tea and sat down at the island. "I got rid of him.." I heard Jeonguk say.

"Good." I heard Cory reply. "Does Ji Eun know everything?" I stood up quietly and tip toed my way behind the wall but my luck, I tripped and fell. Luckily, the lid was on my bottle so I didn't spill my tea. "Ji Eun?" And with that I quickly stood up and rushed toward my room. I shut my door and plowed onto the bed. "Yep. Time for bed." I told myself and quickly drifted off to sleep.

(Next morning)

I was awoken by my alarm at 6am. I groaned loudly and grabbed my phone to shut off the alarm. I slowly got up and stretched. I wiped my eyes to help adjust to the light. I got out of bed and slowly made my way into the kitchen. I peeked around the corner to see a shirtless Cory grabbing a bottle of water.

I began to tip toe back to the room but the floor creaked giving me away. "Morning." Cory said in his morning voice. I turn back around and face him to see he's already staring at me. I try to keep my eyes on his face but I kept stealing glances at his stomach. "Can you please put a shirt on?" I begged him and walked past him to go to the fridge.

"What the hell do I look like? I'm a gangster Ji Eun. We don't care if people stare at us without a shirt on. Especially 18 year old girls who are strangers." I rolled my eyes and grabbed a bottle of water. "I am 21 for your information." He chuckled and took a drink of his water. "Why are you up so early?" He asked out of no where. "I have school."

"School? How do you afford to pay for college if you don't have a job?" He questioned. "My parents were paying for it. I have all my funds paid for the first two semesters. So until then I have time to find a job to pay for college." I explained. He nodded and walked into the bathroom. I walked into my bedroom and got dressed for school.

I emptied my backpack except for my very few school supplies of what I had. By the time I was ready, I heard Cory leaving the shower. I left before I had a chance to see him again. I rushed out the door and quickly got on the bus. I pulled out my phone and put in my ear buds.

My phone buzzed causing my attention to convert to my phone again. I opened my messages and saw Cory's name.

"Why'd you leave so fast?"

"How the hell did you get my number?"

"Well I snuck into your room while you were sleeping and entered my phone number into your phone."

"How'd you know my password?!"

"Saw you type it in at the cafe. Remember?"

"Yes I remember."

"Remember not to run or I'll find you."

"Yes dad. I got to go."

The bus stopped in front of my college campus. I got off the bus and began to walk up the pathway to the entrance. "Ji Eun? Is that you?" I stop and turn to Jeonguk. "Um hey. What are you doing here?" I asked.

"So. Cory just called and told me to enroll to college here to keep an eye on you and to make sure you don't do anything stupid. So your stuck with me for a while now." He explain. I sighed deeply and nodded. "Okay. But only because you seem nicer then Cory. Will you have the same classes with me?" I asked.

"No that's too suspicious. I'll have some classes but not all. Also, I drive unlike Cory so I can drive you Cory now. It'll save you some money." I smiled lightly. It doesn't make sense why he's being so nice. He literally killed a man last night. "Umm thanks but you don't have too." I replied. "No it's fine. Meet me after college and I'll start driving you to Cory's."

I nodded and bowed slightly. "Thank you Jeonguk." He shrugged his shoulders and smiled. "Your welcome. Also don't tell anyone about last night. It stays in between us okay?" I nodded. "Trust me. After what I've been through last night, that was just the cherry on top of the icing."