Chapter 3; Temporary Home

"Welcome to you temporary home." He said. He moved out of the way so I could move into his apartment. It was actually bigger than what I expected. I also noticed there was a lot of black furniture. Black couch, black kitchen appliances, you name it.

"Come on. I'll show you where you'll be staying." He said. "You won't kill me right?" I asked him as I followed him to a empty bedroom. "I don't kill anyone unless they give me a reason to kill them." He said plainly. "Then what was the reason you killed that man?" I asked.

He immediately stopped causing me to run into his back. I held my nose and winced at the pain. "God your back is like a rock. Aish!" I rubbed my now red nose when he turned around.

"Okay. Listen. I don't even trust you right now. You stay out of my business got it? The only reason you are here is to gain my trust. You try to leave, I will hunt you down and kill you. Got it?" He said.

I nodded my head vigorously and glared at him. He patted my cheek roughly and smirked. "Good girl. And if I remember, your homeless." He smirked once again. "Yes I know what the hell I am. And I'm not homeless. I just decided to run away on my terms." I said up in his face.

"Okay. Meet me back in the kitchen for some rule setting." I nodded and looked around at the room. A full size bed was in the middle. On the right of it was a small black dresser. A window was on the left above a nightstand with a lamp. The sheets were also black and white. "He needs some color in his life."

I placed my bag on the bed and pulled out my phone. I decided to scroll through the messages even though I knew who they were from.

"Ji eun! Where are you? Come home right now!"

"I'm so sorry please forgive me."

"It's over. I'm sorry."

"Ji Eun! Are you even alive?"

I tried to read another message but the phone was quickly snatched out of my hand. "Yah!" I turned around and saw Cory reading through my messages. "Hmm. I guess you did run away." I glared at him and reached out to grab my phone but failed again. "Ex Boyfriend?" I smacked my phone out of his hand causing it to hit the floor.

"Stop it please." I grabbed my phone and tossed it on the mattress. "Let's go." He said and turned to walk out the door. "Where we going?" He stopped and turned around to face me.  "To make rules. Remember?" He said then left. I sighed deeply and followed him to the kitchen.

I sat down behind the island that sat in the middle of the kitchen. He walked to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water out. He turned around and leaned over the island with his arms crossed. "Rule 1. Stay out of my way and don't interfere with my work." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "You mean killing innocent people."

"He wasn't innocent. I had my reasons." He stayed with a blank face. "Right. Continue." He seemed to be thinking, then finally he spoke. "Rule 2. No one comes over to my house without my permission."

"Yes because I totally have people left in my life." I retorted. "Next." I could tell tell he was starting to get ticked off. "Rule 3. Stay out of my room. And lastly rule 4. No relationship. Got it?" He said and tilted his head slightly. "A relationship with you? No thanks." I said and got up.

"How long am I staying here anyways?" I asked him as I walked into the hallway toward my bedroom. "Until I say so." He replied. "Yeah about that. I only have a couple pairs of clothes and sleepwear. And I have a college life to speak of so one way I'm gonna have to sneak into my house and grab my belongings cuz there is no way I'm facing my parents ever again."

He seemed to be thinking again. I noticed he does that a lot. "Grab your coat. Let's go." I stood there really confused until he cleared it up. "Let's go break into your house. I'm busy the rest of this week so this will be the only time I could help out." I put both my hands up. "Woah. Hold your horses. It's way too late and I'm not in the mood to go. I want to go alone."

"Suit yourself. Bathroom is down the hall on the left." I nodded and grabbed my pj's and my toothbrush and walked to the bathroom. I close and locked the doors. I placed my clothes on the sink and began to strip. I turned on the shower and stepped in. I let the warm water run over my body and contemplated my life.

I ran away from home, lost my best friend of 13 years, and lost my boyfriend to that best friend. Then I saw a man get murdered and now I'm living in the murderers house. Fucking wonderful right? I quickly finished my shower and got dressed which was my pj shorts and a oversized T-shirt that passed my thighs. I walked back into my room and placed my dirty clothes in my back pack.

I crawled into bed and grabbed my phone. I turned it back on and went through more messages. Suddenly a reminder popped up on my phone.

"College exam tomorrow at 7."

I sighed deeply and fell back onto the pillow. "Aish.."  I was drawn out of my thoughts when I heard the doorbell ring. I heard footsteps down the hall way leading toward the door which I was assuming was Cory.

I curiously walked into the living room when Cory opened the door. There stood one of the men from earlier. He walked in greeting Cory then his eyes landed on me.

"Ah there you are. I'm Jeonguk. Nice to meet you."