6: "A m a z i n g D e a n"

"Home
A place where I can go
To take this off my shoulders
Someone take me home
Home"

~ Home by Machine Gun Kelly

It only took Jason half an hour to go over the basics with the newbies

It only took Jason half an hour to go over the basics with the newbies. He showed them through the most important aspects of the campus, including the locations of the toilets, the assembly room, the cafeteria, each Club's Head-Quarters, the outside oval, the basketball court and much, much more.

Adalynn's head was spinning by the time he finished. He was talking so fast and rapidly, he wasn't giving anyone a chance to respond to him or ask any questions.

"So," Jason clapped his hands together as they walked through a doorway leading into a jam-packed studio. "Our final stop: meeting your Club Captains."

Adalynn glanced from him to the others who were crowded around her. "Aren't we all Raven candidates though?" she ventured, assuming that this was the case because of the club colours displayed on everyone's shirts.

"Yes," Jason retorted snappily. "But you'll need to meet both school's captains, just to tick the box and also, to know who you're dealing with in the future. Leo, Daniel," he called out.

Two boys, upon hearing their names, glanced up, stopped what they were doing and sauntered over.

"Meet the Eagle's Captain, Daniel Hayward," Jason said, in an almost bored tone. "And this is the Raven's Captain, Leo Cruz. Captains meet the new students, Emma, Max, Aspen and Adalynn."

Daniel didn't speak, he just gave them all a stiff nod.

"Hey Ravens," Leo smiled, stuffing his hands into his pockets as he eyed each of them in turn. "Glad you could join us at such late notice."

Daniel rolled his eyes. "It's hardly fair. All of our potential Eagle candidates got rejected from their admissions. Louis won't allow anymore Eagles to join the team, yet he admits four Ravens?"

"Daniel," Jason frowned at him. "It's not your place to make the decisions around here."

"Whatever," Daniel shrugged carelessly.

"Daniel?"

Everyone turned to see a short, dimple-cheeked, blonde-haired girl standing behind them.

"Daniel," she spoke softly as she stepped forward. "I - I'm sorry to interrupt, but Sophie needs some advice on the party decorations."

Daniel nodded. "Sure thing, Brooke, I'll be right there. Sorry, Jason, I gotta ..."

Jason nodded and waved him away.

"Party? What party?" Adalynn inquired, eyebrows raised.

"Each Club holds one on the first night of each semester," Leo informed her. "It's a Greenhouse tradition."