41: T r a p p e d!

"I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe it's all part of a plan
I'll just keep on making the same mistakes
Hoping that you'll understand."

~ Thinking out Loud by Ed Sheeran

"E-Ethan?" Adalynn choked out in shock

"E-Ethan?" Adalynn choked out in shock. "W-what the hell ...?"

"Put her in the cell," Judy ordered, glaring down at Adalynn as she spoke.

"Wait? WHAT! NO!" Adalynn yelled as two big burly men stepped forward from behind her and hauled her to her feet. "W-why are you doing this?" she shouted in Judy's face, her teeth gritted and spit flying everywhere.

Judy narrowed her eyes dangerously at Adalynn as she scoffed, "I don't have to answer to a student; especially not a thieving, lying, deceptive, snoopy little freak like you. I said, PUT HER IN THE CELL!" she addressed the last part of her sentence to the men holding Adalynn down.

"E-Ethan!" Adalynn cried as they began tugging her away. "Please - please don't let them do this..."

Upon seeing Adalynn, Ethan had ducked his head in shame, but, when he heard her pleading voice, he glanced up. Tears of helplessness and anger stood in his eyes. His hands were balled into clenched fists that hung by his sides. His whole body was stiff and rigid. His gaze followed Adalynn's writhing, struggling figure as she was dragged across the room to a barred cell that had been dug into the earthen wall.

Adalynn was thrown forcibly into it; in fact, she was shoved in so hard, her side of her head made sharp contact with a nearby metallic bar. Groaning in pain, Adalynn balled up and clasped her arms around her throbbing head. She tried to stop the tears from slipping down her cheeks, but it was near nigh impossible. She was in the exact same situation as Brooke ... only there wasn't just Marcus here, there was Judy, Eric and ... Ethan.

"I swear if you harm her ..." Ethan was growling at Judy as Adalynn slowly lifted her head up.

Judy waved him aside and chuckled loudly, sending a knowing look in Adalynn's direction. "Oh no, dear, I wouldn't do THAT to YOU! She's just going to stay here for now ... we've only a couple more days until our mission is complete. Until it's over, she will be safe right where she is ... But, if she tries to escape, well," Judy shrugged unsympathetically. "I'm sorry. But I can't help you. If she gets out, she is a danger to us. She'll tell Louis everything."

"Maybe I should!" Adalynn spat as she struggled to a sitting position. "I - I hate you!"

Judy frowned at her and tut-tutted under her breath.

Ethan quickly whirled around. "Ad, shut-up, otherwise you're gonna get hurt."

"And why should YOU care?" Adalynn demanded sharply. "You're a backstabbing son of a bitch! You pretended you were completely clueless when actually, you knew what was happening - this whole time! How could you do this? How could you betray me?"