21: M i c r o S i z e S p y w a r e

"Lost in your mind
I wanna know
Am I losing my mind?
Never let me go."

~ Alone by Alan Walker

"Hurry up Max!" Adalynn hissed as she poked her head out of his bedroom door and looked furtively up and down the Ravens' hall

"I'm trying!" Max muttered from inside the room, his head and shoulders buried underneath his bed. Numerous items were being pulled from his bags and chucked across the floor as he rummaged around for the desired item. "You're the one who wanted to leave in the middle of the blooming dedication to come and get this, so just give me some time, alright?"

A round of applause met Adalynn's ears. She hurried towards the bedroom window and peeked out from behind the curtains. The dedication was finished and people were starting to disperse. It wouldn't be long now before someone would come up and find them.

"Everyone's walking back inside for morning tea!" Adalynn hissed under her breath. "If Leo catches us..."

"He's not going too!" Max shot out, an annoyed frown on his face. "Ahaha! I've found it!" Max straightened up into a sitting position and held the minuscule object truimphantly in the air. "Wait? What did you want it for again?"

"Hey, I promise I'll take good care of it," Adalynn assured him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Remember, it's for a - er - school project! It's due tomorrow and I haven't done any work on it at all. T-thanks again, Max! See you down there!" so saying, she started out of the room.

"Okay, okay - just be VERY careful with it!" Max leaped to his feet and gave her a knowing look. "If that gets broken ..."

"It won't. I promise."

Adalynn fled from the room, the item clasped tightly in one clenched fist. Of course it wasn't for a silly school project, but she couldn't tell Max that ...

Hurrying into her room, Adalynn locked the door behind her and settled herself on her bed. Opening up her hand, she smiled and whispered, "Who knew that such micro size spyware would actually be so helpful?"

She held the object up to her eye and examined it. It was one of Max Miller's authentic and wildly ingenious creations: a minuscule clip-on video camera. It was exactly what Adalynn needed; in fact, it was perfect.

She laid the object down on her bed and carefully went over the 'how-to-turn-it-on-and-off' procedure. When she was comfortable and confident that she knew how to do it speedily without breaking it, she got to her feet, stuffed it in her front jeans' pocket and walked out of the room.