37: T he W h i t e K n i g h t

"Are you still the same
Tell me have you changed
When you look at me
Do you feel ashamed."

~ Right Now by McKenzie Small

Adalynn raced down the stairs as fast as she could possibly go, Daniel and Jackie only a few steps behind her

Adalynn raced down the stairs as fast as she could possibly go, Daniel and Jackie only a few steps behind her. They rushed into the lobby, just in time to see Jason, leading a resisting Emma by the arm, across the floor towards the front doors.

"JASON!" Adalynn shouted, stopping him mid-stride. Furiously, she stomped over to him. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"It's none of your business, now get out of the way!" Jason growled.

"No," Daniel stepped into his path. "You're not going anywhere, not until Louis finds out about this."

"Guys," Emma pleaded tearfully with them. "It's not worth it. Just go."

"Never!" Jackie exclaimed. "We're not gonna abandon you!"

"Here's your things, Miss Geller," a timid staff member scurried over to her, tugging along a line of suitcases and bags.

"You - you knew you were leaving?" Adalynn gasped in shock.

"This isn't the first time I've been threatened," Emma whispered under her breath.

"Excuse me, Miss Geller, what was that?" Jason raised his voice and glared at her pointedly.

"Shut-up Jason and let go of her arm!" Adalynn hissed.

"Emma? What's going on?"

Everyone turned around in surprise.

Max was standing at the foot of the stair-case, his eyes wide and questioning.

"M-Max," Emma stuttered. "Max, it's okay."

"You're leaving? Where are you going?" Max hurried over to her and cupped her chin in his hands.

Tears trembled in Emma's eyes. "I - I'm sorry, Max ... here, this will explain everything," she pressed an envelope into Max's palm.

"Emma ... no ... please."

"Jason, what the hell is going on?" Louis thundered as he burst through his office door and strode towards the huddled group.

"Jason's expelling Emma!" Adalynn blurted.

Jason shot her a puzzled look. "Excuse me? No Dad, I'm not. Emma's mum is sick so I'm sending her home so she can take care of her."