[ eight ]

***

Kailani's phone starts buzzing with her alarm ringtone. She lazily picks it up and turns it off before groaning and sitting up. She had forgotten that she had planned to go on a run this morning. Rubbing her eyes, she checks the time and sees it's 8:30 in the morning and doubts any of the boys are awake. She sighs and goes to Julian's bathroom, finding an extra toothbrush to brush her teeth so she can avoid having to go into her room to wake up Sean.

"Damn it.." she mutters as she realized she left her running clothes in her room. She quietly sneaks down the hall and catches a glimpse of the boys. They were all still passed out as expected. She reaches her door and slowly opens it. Sean is still sleeping peacefully in the same position Kailani left him in last night.. except he must've gotten hot during the night because his shirt was off and lazily tossed on the floor.

Kailani couldn't help but stare but then quickly snapped out of her trance, remembering she had a reason she was there. Not to stare at Sean's naked torso like a creep. She quietly walked in and shut the door as slow as she possibly could. Walking over to her closet, she grabbed her clothes and slowly began to walk out when she heard Sean stirring in his sleep.

"No.." he mumbles in his sleep. "Please no, save him!" he says a bit louder.

Kailani turns around, surprised at hearing his voice. But then she realized that he was still sleeping, just having a bad dream.

Sean began thrashing in the bed, kicking and punching at whatever he was thinking about in his dream.

Oh, fuck, what do I do?

She quickly ran to his side and saw that he was crying while still furiously tossing around. He was breathing fast and she began to feel worried as his chest was puffing up and down rapidly. She carefully placed her hands on both his shoulders to steady him. Her skin tingled at the touch of his bare skin. "Sean.." she says, shaking him lightly.

"This is all my fault." he cries quietly.

"Sean!" she says, shaking him even harder. "You're having a nightmare, wake up."

He jerked awake and sat straight up, breathing heavily.

Kailani stared at him, unsure of what to do. She reached out and lightly touched his shoulder and he flinched at her touch. After quickly retracting her hand, she moved to the side of the bed next to him. "Hey.. are you okay?"

He was still catching his breath, his eyes wide and staring at the wall in front of him.

"I'm.. I'm sorry." he says quietly, running his hands through his hair. Kailani saw a tear slowly sliding down cheek before he quickly swiped it away.

Her expression softens and she carefully put her hand on the small of his back to comfort him. He didn't pull away this time. "Hey, it's fine." she says, beginning to move her hand in small circular motions. "What were you dreaming about?"

He shakes his head. "Nothing.. Just a bad dream."

She sighs. "Alright.. um, sorry for waking you. I was just worried you were having a panic attack or something."

"No, it's fine, thank you." he says quietly, not making eye contact and continuing to stare at the wall. Pain suddenly overcomes his head and he grabs it with his hands, groaning. "Fuck.. my head."

She laughs and stands up, going to her bathroom cabinet and pulling out a couple painkillers. "Yeah.. you were pretty out of it last night." She grabs her water bottle on the counter and hands him the pills.

"Thank you.." he mutters before downing the pills with the water from her water bottle. "Did I say anything stupid?"

She giggles. "Surprisingly, no.." she says. "You just blacked out on my floor so I had to carry you onto my bed."

He scratches the back of his neck nervously. "I'm sorry about that.."

She shrugs and gets up to grab her running clothes. "It's fine." she pauses. "Um.. I'm gonna go on a run. With that hangover, feel free to just lay here. The boys are still dead out there."

"Thanks.." he smiles weakly.

She nods and walks out, shutting the door behind her. She stops and presses her back up against the door.

What was he dreaming about..?

****

After quietly sneaking out of the apartment, she ran down the stairs and to the sidewalk, beginning to stretch. She couldn't stop wondering about Sean and why he was having a nightmare. Eventually, she put her headphones in and blasted her music. She went on her run and tried to forget about everything and focus on her breathing.

A few miles after, she sneaks back into the house and still sees the boys passed out. She rolls her eyes and heads back to her room. Lightly tapping on the door, she enters and sees Sean lying down, still with no shirt on.

"Hey, you feeling any better?" she asks, taking off her loose, sweaty tank top, revealing just her sports bra.

He turns his attention away from her out of respect, although he wanted to keep staring at her perfect physique. "Um..y-yeah.. uh, a b-bit." he stammers.

"Oh, um sorry." she laughs, grabbing her towel and holding it in front of her body. "I.. uh.. have to shower.." she says.

He nods. "Yeah, no worries. I'll just chill in Julian's room."

She gives him a small smile. "Thanks." she starts walking towards the bathroom.

"Are you free today?" Sean suddenly blurts out.

She turns around, looking at him confused. "Um.. yeah? Why?"

He bites his lip, looking a bit nervous. "Uh.. would you maybe want to go to the studio today? ...like with me?" he asks slowly. "I'm working on some new choreography to teach and I'd love your opinion." he says quickly after taking note of her expression.

Kailani wanted to say no considering she felt like she gets hit with a bus of overwhelming emotions every time she watches him dance because of how good he is. But on the other hand, she was curious to watch how he makes his craft.

She pauses. "Yeah, sure."

Sean smiles, quietly breathing a sigh of relief. "Okay, great. I'll meet you at immaSPACE at 1?"

Kailani nods. "That sounds great." she says before heading back towards the bathroom.

He smiles to himself and puts his hand on the doorknob when he hears her voice again.

"Oh, and Sean..?" she says, turning back around once more to face him.

"Yeah?" he replies, eyes twinkling at her.

She rolls her eyes. "Put a shirt on, for fuck's sake."

---------------------

a/n:

what do ya guys think sean was dreaming about? ;) i'll give a a hint. it has something to do with the picture up there^^^

anyways, it's now memorial day weekend so i have a lot more time to write. right now it's raining and i'm sitting in my room typing away and listening to music and i feel so content hehe.

but yeah tell me what ya think of this one! the plot is starting to progress oooooh. hehe alrighty byeee.

--justlewserthings