[ eleven ]

***

"Wait so.. how the hell did this even happen?" Lexee asks, genuinely shocked after hearing about Kailani's day with Sean. The girls were all over while Julian was at the movies with Kenneth and Josh. The girls were curious to know why she had ditched on their plans a couple days before and Kailani couldn't help but spill.

She shrugged. "I really don't even know.." she says. "It just happened, I guess.. Believe me, I'm just as confused as you all are."

Kailani had no expectations of her day with Sean to go the way that it did. She thought he would show her his choreography, he'd boast about his talents, Kailani would roll her eyes and then they'd go home. But instead, she ended up having one of the best days she's had in LA thus far. Sean was different with her.. completely different than the person she had met her first day in LA. She couldn't wrap her mind around what she felt in that dance studio. It was refreshing to step out of her comfort zone.. along with Sean encouraging her, dance felt brand new to her.. and it was incredible.

"We've all danced with one another and you've done it with all of us by now... why is it like this with him?" Bailey asks.

"Yeah.. I mean, it's Sean, for crying out loud." Chloe says.

Kailani couldn't even think of a response to say because she really had no idea.

"He's different with me.. I don't know." she says, biting her lip. "I can't explain it but who he acts like when we're in the studio is not who he was when it was just me and him."

The girls all look away from her, not saying anything for a few minutes.

"Alrighty then, let's just get this movie started, shall we?" Kaycee claps to rid the air of awkwardness, grabbing the remote and hitting play on the movie.

Kailani felt confused.

What are they hiding?

****

Halfway through the movie, Kailani felt herself falling asleep when her phone started buzzing. She checked the caller ID and saw that it was Sean.

Crap, she thought.

She quickly stood up and put her phone in her sweatshirt pocket. "Um.. my mom's Skyping me, I'll be right back." she quickly says before running to her room and closing the door behind her.

She pulled the phone out of her pocket and saw Sean had put a goofy picture of himself when he put his number in her phone at the studio the other day. She giggled before hitting answer.

"Hello?"

"Oh, uh, hey, it's me." Sean says. "Sean..." he pauses. "Lew." he adds, as if there were a million Sean's in Kailani's phone.

She laughs. "Yes, hello, Sean Lew. I enjoyed the picture you put in my phone."

He chuckles. "Yeah, I thought that'd make you smile."

She feels herself blushing as she realized it did.

"Anyways, um, I was wondering if you'd wanna maybe dance again..?" he asks, slowly. "Like with me? I mean, like hang out and.. like, dance. You know.. like last time." he stumbles on his words, clearly nervous. "You know what I mean?"

Kailani tried to hold back her laugh. "Um.. yeah, I see what you're saying.. I think?" she says, giving a small laugh. "I wish I could.. but Kaycee and them are over right now so I can't."

"Oh.. yeah, no worries then.." he says.

"But.." she says, finding it hard not to tease him. "How honored should I be that THE Sean Lew asked me to like hang out and.. like dance again? I must be pretty damn special."

"I, uh.. I—" he stammers.

"Sean, I'm kidding, calm down." she says, sensing his nerves through the phone.

"Oh, yeah I know.." he says quickly, trying to play it off cool. She hears him take a small deep breath. "I just had a lot of fun with you the other day.. and if I'm being honest, I haven't had that much fun while dancing in a long time."

Kailani smiles, feeling her cheeks heat up even more. "And if I'm being honest, I feel the same way."

Sean is quiet on the other side of the line for a couple seconds before clearing his throat and finally speaking up. "Um.. I'm working on more choreography that I'd appreciate your opinion on. So maybe if you're free tomorrow..? To like hang out and.. like, dance?" he laughs.

She giggles. "You're on, Lew."

****

Kailani decided not to tell the girls about her little hangout with Sean the next day. She wanted to keep it lowkey to spare herself from the girls freaking out about it. After changing into her dance clothes, she was filling up her water bottle when her phone buzzed with a text.

THE Sean Lew
i'll be there in 5 minutes..
get ready to dance your
butt off 😜

Kailani rolled her eyes at his goofiness.

KaiKai
don't text and drive, idiot🙃

Not even a minute later, there was another buzz.

THE Sean Lew
hey, you're provoking me🤷🏻‍♂️

She laughed and set her phone down, starting to feel a bit nervous. She had different expectations the last time she did this with Sean.. but now everything had changed and she didn't really know what to expect.

What if he is only acting that way towards me because of how I saw him in such a vulnerable state?

What if he just goes back to being a jerk?

Why are my hands so sweaty?!

She hears a car honk outside and she quickly snapped out of her trance. She shook her head to clear her thoughts and walked out the door and to Sean's car.

He waves from inside and leans over to open the door for her.

She hops in and gives him a small smile. "So.. what's the plan for today? What studio are we heading to?"

He laughs awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "Uh.. yeah.. about that.."

------------------------------

a/n:

suuuuuper short chapter so i apologize for that!! it was going to be a bit longer but i decided to cut it there ahaha. it's still pretty early in the night but i have to get up early for school so i'm not sure if i'll get the next chapter out tonight. but i am gonna continue writing until i have to sleep :))

THANK YOU GUYS for 500 reads! wow, it's crazy seeing that read counter going up so quickly at random times hahaha i love checking and seeing that this story is actually being read lol. i know there's a bunch of you guys and i'd love to hear from you and know what ya think so far! i appreciate you guys hella.

also go OFF in the comments about sean and kaycee on WOD because i'm seriously still not over it UGH. especially after sean posted his behind the scenes.. i nearly died oh my. they're so freakin precious and such amazing people and ugh i can't get enough. and i just can't get over the fact that jennifer freakin lopez and derek hough gave sean's choreography 20/20. he's only 16 my god.

anyways that's possibly all for tonight?? who knows, i may power through and finish the next chapter but we'll see hahah thanks again for everything!

--justlewserthings