[ ten ]

***

Sean didn't know whether to laugh or be offended.

"I mean, uh, shit, I didn't say that the way I meant to.." Kailani muttered. "What I meant to say is.. your choreography is amazing.. to a point where it makes me angry at how good you are."

He laughed. "Well, thanks.. I think?"

She bit her lip, wondering if he would take the next few words she was about to say nicely and if it was her place to say anything. She felt that he was way more advanced as a dancer than her.

But hey, he did want her opinion..

"Except.. I think you could increase the intensity of it.." she said.

He raised his eyebrow, probably because he didn't expect Kailani to actually give a suggestion but he was also intrigued at what she had to say. "How so?"

"Well.. the beginning part of the song.. the beats are subtle, understated... and it builds up to that very intense moment of your choreography." she begins. "I think if you add some soft, delicate movements, nothing too crazy, it just makes that moment when you hit the beats even more powerful."

"That's.. that's a really good idea." he said.

Kailani rolled her eyes. "You don't have to say that if you don't mean it."

"No, but I do," he says quickly. "You were right before.. I don't normally need anyone's approval of my choreography but my own.. but that's just so close-minded. I would've never thought of something like that if you weren't here."

She looked up at him and he's smiling at her, once again flashing those cute dimples. "Don't look at me like that.." she groans.

"Like what?" he laughed, his eyes still locked on her.

She rolled her eyes and grabbed his arm. "C'mon, let's just work on your choreography."

****

After an hour and a half of creating the moves to the beginning part of the song as well as freestyling to the music which led to changing some of the moves in the more intense part of the choreography, Kailani was surprised at herself. She had never seen herself as a choreographer. She just loved to put her own twist on other people's choreography. But the way Sean had such a passion for creating his own art in dance, it inspired her. And it made her realize how she really did have a mind for creating amazing dance content.

"One more time?" Sean asked, handing Kailani her water.

She took a long sip and nodded her head, mouth full of water. "Let's do it."

Sean hit play on the song and immediately ran to Kailani's side. They stared at one another in the mirror as the first few beats hit and their bodies moved so subtly yet so fluidly to every beat. Then the song began to pick up again. Hitting every single move with strength and as much power as they had in their bodies, they were amazed with one another. Sean couldn't get enough of watching the way Kailani interpreted his choreography. Kailani felt like Sean brought out a different part of her when it came to her dancing. They gave one another praise and critique and by the end of everything, they realized it was times like those that reminded them why dance is such a big part of their lives.

"Thank you." Sean breathlessly said as they both laid down on the ground, breathing heavily. "I honestly never really met anyone who spoke up about my own choreography or dancing, but I'm glad you did despite how much of an ass you could be about it. You're really giving me a run for my money." he chuckled.

Kailani laughed. "Well, Lew, I guess you've met your match."

He sat up on his elbows and looked at her, giving a small smile. "I guess I have.."