[ twenty nine ]

***

Kailani and Sean held their gaze on one another. She was speechless but knew what her answer was. She just wanted to take a moment for everything to sink in. The fact that Sean put so much effort into asking her a simple question. The fact that she had changed Sean, who was the most arrogant person she had ever met, and helped him remember the person he used to be. The fact that meeting him changed her too. The fact that something like this was happening to someone like her. Everything was so surreal to her and she wanted to treasure that very moment.

She didn't need to say it. After all, actions speak louder than words.

Without saying a word, she wrapped her hand around the back of his neck and pulled him towards her, crashing her lips against his. She heard everyone hollering in the background but was too focused on the boy that was right in front of her. Her boyfriend.

He slowly pulled away from her and pressed his forehead against hers. "I'll take that as a yes."

She laughed and nodded, pulling him in to give him a quick kiss.

"Geez, when you said you like to be the best in everything you do, you really weren't kidding." she giggled through her tears.

He laughed and wiped away her tears again before cupping her face. "I wanted to show you how much you mean to me. Really, Kai.. You mean more than I could ever show you."

Kailani felt like a smile had been permanently tattooed onto her face with the amount of emotions she was feeling. She was on top of the world.

Suddenly, Kaycee appeared by her side and handed Sean a bouquet of red roses, who held them out to her.

"For you, my beautiful girlfriend." he said, giving her a cheeky smile.

She rolled her eyes and grinned as she took the roses. "Thank you, my cheesy boyfriend."

They all of a sudden were engulfed by hugs from their friends. For awhile, everything seemed perfect.

But Sean knew that was going to come to an end eventually.

****

Over the next two weeks, everything was pretty normal for the group of friends. Sean and Kailani were learning to be in a relationship, a concept Sean wasn't used to but was adapting to slowly. The group had realized that all along, Sean actually was capable of being the kind of guy who could be a loving boyfriend.. He just never found that special someone to give all that love to. Now that he did, he was intoxicated by her. He couldn't get enough of being with her. As for Kailani, she was just happy. Everything was still so surreal to her. Every time she would catch Sean looking at her or every time he made her smile, she couldn't believe that she had someone like him. It was unbelievable to her that things could be this perfect in her life.

As for everyone else, they were all preparing for the immaBEAST showcase for BABE. Days were filled with rehearsals and non-stop practicing as the showcase was approaching quickly. Everyone was buzzing with excitement for the biggest event of the year for immaBEAST.

"God, I don't think I've ever been this exhausted." Kailani groaned as she collapsed on the ground.

Sean chuckled. "You'll be fine. They're letting us out early today."

"Really?" Kailani's eyes lit up as she sat up. She loved dancing but with the amount of it she's had to do the last week and a half, she wouldn't mind a break.

He nodded and grinned at her. "So.. how does a pool day sound?"

"Is that just an excuse for you to see me half-naked?" she smirked.