[ twenty one ]

***

Sean laughed. She had no idea what was coming. He held out his hand and she took it hesitantly as he led her towards the building.

"So.. your idea of a first date is going to the dance studio?" she asked with Sean still dragging her along. They reach the door of the main dance studio and he let go of her hand.

"I wanted to do something special.." he began. "So, no fancy restaurant or the beach.. I wanted something intimate. Just the two of us.. no one else." he said.

Kailani bit down on her lip, anticipating what was beyond the door. She couldn't help but smile at how Sean had gone out of his way to create a date that wasn't really conventional.

"So...." he smiled, gripping the door handle. "I created our own space at immaSPACE." he finished, opening the door to reveal the transformed dance studio.

Kailani's mouth fell open as she entered the room.

The studio was dim with nothing but fairy lights and candle lanterns illuminating the room. The lights were hung along the walls and mirrors and the candle lanterns were lit along the sides of the room. There was a long string of lights that created a path with flower petals strewn along it that led to a circle of lights in the middle of the studio where a big blanket laid with pillows and a picnic basket atop of it. Paper stars that were illuminated with little lights inside hung from the ceiling with string, along with plastic glow in the dark stars that were stuck directly on the ceiling. By the stereo was a rotating light machine that was creating moving stars along the walls and there was soft R&B music playing in the background.

"Sean..." Kailani began, barely managing to form a coherent sentence. "This... This is amazing."

She turned around and saw him holding a rose.

"I'm glad you like it." he grinned, handing her the rose.

"How.. How did you.." she tries to ask as he put his arm around her and guided her down the light path with the petals and sitting her down on the blanketed area.

"A little help from the boys.. and Will and Janelle." he blushed. "But I swear, this was all my idea. Jules can attest to that." he said quickly.

Kailani laughed. "I believe you.. I just can't believe you managed to put this together in one day."

He smiled at her and began to unpack the contents from the basket. "Well, what can I say? You wanted to know what THE Sean Lew does on dates." he chuckled.

As Sean took the lids off the two plates, a delicious aroma filled the room that caused Kailani's mouth to water.

"Oh, my God, you made that?" she asked excitedly, eyeing the plates hungrily.

"Yep," he said proudly. "It's pan seared chicken, rosemary infused potato puree, smoked andouille sausage, roasted thyme leaves, garlic spinach, potato crisps, and thyme-butter garlic sauce." Every word he said just made Kailani's stomach growl with hunger. Sean could tell she was starving and handed her utensils all while admiring her adorableness of how excited she was to eat.

She took her first bite and gave Sean a look that indicated she was in love. "Damn it, Lew.. I hate how you're good at everything."

He smirked and began digging in himself. "I'll take that as a compliment."

****

The two had typical first date conversation while they ate their meal. It mainly consisted of a lot flirting and teasing one another, all while also getting to know each other better. Sean learned so much about her, like her favorites and interests. Along with that, he picked up on some of the little things she did that he realized he adored so much. Like the way she blushes every time she caught him staring at her. Or how she played with her fingers when she would talk about herself. Or the way her lips perked up whenever he made her smile. It all caused Sean massive amounts of happiness. He couldn't get enough of her.