[ thirteen ]

***

"Sean, I— OH, shit!" a girl's voice exclaimed as her eyes laid on Sean in the compromising position with Kailani.

Sean groaned and hung his head in anger, getting off of Kailani. "What do you want, Sarah?!"

"Um.. Mom just said.. uh.." Sarah begins, still shocked at what she just witnessed. She then notices her little brother's death stare. "Actually, you know what?" she laughs awkwardly. "Nevermind! I'll take care of it!! Go back to.. uh.. whatever you were doing.." she says, swinging the door shut.

Sean sighs heavily and glances at Kailani, who was awkwardly staring at the ground. "Kailani, I—"

Then her phone suddenly started ringing. Kailani was grateful for the interruption.

"Um.. I gotta get that." she says quickly, running to her dance bag.

Crap, she thought, it's Jules.

She reluctantly picked up. "Hello?"

"Kai, where are you?" Julian asks, like a concerned parent. "You've been gone all morning."

"Um, yeah.. I'm actually at Sean's house." she says slowly, bracing herself for all the questions Julian was about to ask.

Sean looked up after hearing his name and began to panic as he realized it was Julian on the phone.

Shit, he's gonna kill me, he thought.

"What???" he asks. "Why are you there? How did you even get there?"

She sighs heavily. "He picked me up. Look, Jules, we're just working on choreography.. nothing serious."

"Can I talk to him?" he asks, a slight tone of anger showing in his voice.

She sighs again and hands the phone to Sean.

Fuck..

He takes a small deep breath and then holds the phone to his ear. "Hey, Jules!!" he says, trying to be as cheery as possible.

"Sean, what the hell are you doing?" he growls into the phone. "I told you to stay away from her."

"Um.. yeah, we're having a great time!" he says happily, giving a big thumbs up to Kailani. "I'll have her home soon, no need to worry, man."

Julian huffs. "Fine, but we're going to talk about this later." he sneers before hanging up.

Sean gives an awkward smile as he gave Kailani her phone back.

"What'd he say?" she asks.

He shrugs. "Nothing.. just wondering how we were doing and stuff."

Kailani raises her eyebrow. "Oh, really?"

He nods a little bit too excitedly. "Yup!" he says quickly. "Now, um, do you want something to drink or eat or something?"

Kailani rolls her eyes. "Don't change the subject, Sean."

"Well, would you rather have me talk about what just happened between us?" he asks, giving her a look. "Or should I say almost happened between us?"

Kailani feels her cheeks beginning to heat up again. "On second thought, something to eat would be great!"

He smirks. "Yeah, I thought so."

Sean led her from the garage to the kitchen and she sat down on one of the barstools.

"So, whatcha feeling?" he asks, rummaging through the cabinets.