[ thirty one ]

**WARNING: REALLY, REALLY long chapter with some graphic(?) sexual content!! if that makes you uncomfortable then please skip to the middle and pls forgive me for what you're about to read**

***

As Sean glanced down from his phone while stroking her hair, he noticed that Kailani had finally fallen asleep. He smiled and kissed her forehead before standing up slowly to avoid waking her up and quietly left the room. Shutting the door softly, he turned around to see Tati waiting in the hall.

She gave him a weird look at first glance. "Why is your shirt off?"

He looked down, confused, then realized he forgot to put his shirt back on after his little makeout session with Kailani. "Oh.. uh, long story."

"You guys didn't.." Tati began, her voice trailing off as she raised an eyebrow.

Sean quickly shook his head. "No, definitely not. I stopped it."

"Is she okay though?" she asked, looking towards the door behind Sean.

He nodded, feeling slightly confused that Tati was talking to him like he was an actual human being after all the times she had blown him off for trying to talk to her. "Yeah, she's fine. Just needed to sleep it off."

Tati took note of his confused expression. "Um.. Julian wanted me to check up on her. Make sure she was okay." she explained quickly.

"Yeah, no worries. I'll just check up on her later." he said, awkwardly stuffing his hands into his pockets.

The two remained in an awkward silence until Tati decided to speak up.

She sighed. "Sean, I'm sorry for the way I've been treating you."

He looks up at her, even more confused. "You're sorry? The way you've been treating me isn't half as bad as how you should be treating me after what I did to you." he paused, sighing. "I'm sorry, Tati.. I really am."

She nodded. "Look, I don't want things to be weird between us anymore. I miss you. Can we please just be friends again?"

Sean smiled, waiting to hear those words come from her. "I have been wanting that since you came back. Come here." he grinned, pulling her in for a hug.

Suddenly, Kaycee appeared and squealed at the sight of two of her closest friends making up. "This is such a great night! I'm so happy you two are friends again!!" she giggled.

Sean and Tati pulled away from one another and smiled at her.

"Now, can you guys do me a favor and help me get all these people out of here? I honestly just want to stay with Kai for the rest of the night to make sure she's okay and I don't want to have to worry about all these randoms messing up my house." Sean sighed as he peered over the bannister to look at the swarming crowds of people below them.

Tati nodded and looked at Kaycee. "We'll take care of it, don't worry. You can just stay with Kailani."

Sean breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you, guys. And the basement guest rooms are all set up for you guys to stay over. Just tell the rest of the guys." he paused. "I guess if Kenneth wants to stay too, he can."

Kaycee grinned and messed his hair. "Wow, I was right. You really can't stay that angry for long."

Sean rolled his eyes. "Shut up and just make sure everyone gets home safe."

The girls giggled and nodded, pushing him back towards his room. "Fine, fine, just go watch over your girl!"

He watched as they both ran downstairs and then quietly went back into his room. He changed into a pair of basketball shorts and slowly got back into his bed with Kailani. She stirred in her sleep, tossing and turning on the bed until she felt Sean next to her. He stayed still, lifting his arms up as she put her head on his chest without waking up and continued breathing steadily as she finally found a comfortable position. He looked down at her and smiled, wrapping his arms around her before falling asleep himself.