[ twenty four ]

***

The next morning, Kailani woke to her phone going off. She groaned and reluctantly grabbed it.

"Hello?" she said into the phone, groggily.

"Wake your sleepy ass up, Kai! We're on our way to the smoothie place at the Grove!" Lexee shouted. "Do you need me to pick you up?"

Her eyes widened as she checked the time. She was late to meeting the girls at the Grove like they had planned the night before. After quickly jumping out of bed, she ran to her bathroom and turned the faucet on. "No, I'm good, I'll just Uber there! See you guys in a little." she said, hanging up.

She quickly ordered her Uber and brushed her teeth while picking out her clothes. By the time she was finished, the Uber was outside. After giving Julian a quick kiss on the cheek on her way out, she hopped in and started to think of all the things she had to tell the girls.

****

"Hey, Kai!" Kaycee greeted as she joined the girls at their usual spot. She noticed there was a girl that she wasn't familiar with sitting with them.

Kailani smiled at the girl as she took her seat next to Bailey. "Hey, guys."

"Kai, this is Tati." Lexee said, gesturing to the mystery girl next to her. "She was in imma with us and she took a little break.. but she's back. She's one of our closest friends and I'm sure you guys are gonna get along great." she explains, grinning.

Tati smiled at Kailani. "I'm so happy I finally get to meet you! The girls have told me so much about you on our way here."

Kailani blushed. "Well, they're really great. They've made me feel so welcomed in imma since I joined."

"Aw, I'm so glad. These girls are seriously my sisters. They made me feel welcomed in when I was the new kid too. Don't know what I would do without them.." she giggles.

"They've told me some stuff about you too and I've seen some of your videos. You're so good." Kailani gushed.

Tati giggled. "Girl, have you seen yourself? I've heard about you even before these girls told me that they're friends with you."

Kailani laughed and took off her jacket as the waitress delivered their smoothies.

"So, Kai—" Bailey began before she stopped as she laid eyes on her. "Wait, what's that?"

Kailani gave her a confused look as she sipped her smoothie. "What's what?"

"That mark.. on your neck." she replied.

Kailani's hand immediately flew to the side of her neck. She just realized she hadn't looked in the mirror before she left and Bailey was pointing out the side that Sean had sucked on the night prior. She had completely forgotten about it and wasn't sure what kind of mark it left. "Um.. it's—"

"THAT'S A HICKEY!" Chloe gasped.

Lexee's mouth dropped open. "Holy shit, Kai, no way.."

Kailani could feel the redness spreading across her cheeks. "Um.. no.. it's just.."

"Girl, don't even try to make excuses!" Bailey exclaimed, laughing. "Spill!"

"Um.. guys, it's not like that.. I just.." she sighed heavily, not being able to come up with an excuse. "Okay, fine, it was Sean."

Everyone fell silent and eyes diverted towards Tati, who had a tense look on her face.

"Oh, my GOD." Kaycee said, breaking the silence. "What the heck happened between you two?"