[ twenty seven ]

***

Kailani looked at Sean, who she had never seen so angry before. Everyone was silent, unsure of what to do. They just stared at them, anticipating their next move. However, Kailani put her full attention on only Sean.

"Hey.." she said softly, placing her hand on his cheek and gently moving his head to face her. "It's just a game."

He stared into her eyes and didn't say anything. Kailani had never seen him look so vulnerable.

"It's doesn't mean anything." she told him quietly as she leaned in and gave him a quick kiss. "7 minutes, ok?"

He sighed heavily, giving into her touch, and nodded. She let him go and looked at Kenneth.

"Come on." she said as she led him into the guest bedroom. He followed her slowly, taking a second to look at Sean, who immediately looked away from him. He sighed and went into the bedroom.

"Alright, San Jose. Let's get this over with." Kailani said as she shut the door.

"7 minutes starting now!" Lexee called through the door.

Kenneth bit his lip, unsure of what to do. He turned to her as she sat next to him on the bed. "Can I ask you something?"

She nodded. "Yeah, what's up? We got some time to kill anyways." she replied, laughing a bit. The situation they were in felt so middle school so she couldn't help laughing about it.

"Why Sean?"

Kailani gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"Why do you like him?"

She shrugged and then smiled to herself as she thought of the all the times that her and Sean had spent together before they even realized that they like each other. It was simpler between them. But Kailani was excited for where they were at during that very moment and wouldn't trade it for anything.

"He's a sweet guy. I know he came off wrong at first but.. I feel like we bring out the best in each other now. The more time I spend with him, the harder I feel myself falling for him. But it doesn't scare me. It's actually kinda exciting. It's cliche but coming here was an exciting but scary thing for me to do, but he made it all worthwhile and.. it's just not as scary to me anymore. It feels like it was something I was just meant to do."

He is silent for a couple seconds. "But.. if he hadn't showed up in your life.. do you think that person that made everything worthwhile could've been.. I don't know, me?"

She looked over at him and smiled. "I mean, maybe? I don't know, Kenneth. The world is full of maybes but I guess Sean just so happened to be my definitely."

"He's not the right guy for you." he blurted out.

"What?" she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?"

He doesn't reply and just stares at her, softly pushing back a strand of hair behind her ear.

She sighed. "Look, Kenneth, I don't want this to be weird or anything—"

But she didn't get to finish her sentence as Kenneth's lips smashed into hers before she could say anything else.

****

"Sean!" Julian yelled, trying to hold him back as he was trying to get to the door so he could stop whatever was going on in there. The second Kailani shut the door, he couldn't handle it. The thought of Kenneth kissing her made his heart stop. He couldn't let anything happen. "Stop, dude! They're not even going to do anything. It's just harmless 7 minutes in heaven!"