[ thirty six ]

**a/n: play the song as you read!! especially at the end;) also read the note at the end ok thanks guys enjoy hehe**

***

Kailani wished she was dreaming. Or having a nightmare. Anything that meant she was going to wake up and none of it was real. But that wasn't the case. She saw it with her own eyes and it was still very much real. She ran home, not bothering to call another Uber or even Julian to pick her up. At first, she was just wandering the streets, just trying to get as far away as she could from Sean's house.

"If you were in my position, you would understand why I feel this way."

Sean's words echoed in Kailani's head as she wandered around the streets of Walnut. Every time they replayed in her head, she felt a stabbing pain in her heart when she wondered if Sean was just trying to get back at her for the whole Kenneth thing. The thought of Sean being vindictive like that made her want to never fall in love again.

After hours of walking around, she eventually ended up home later that night. Julian was there waiting for her with a big smile on his face, expecting to hear good news. Instead, he was greeted with a distraught Kailani who bursted into tears the second she walked through the door. Julian didn't even give it a second thought and just engulfed her in a hug without saying anything. He held her as she sobbed and waited for her to fall asleep before carrying her to her room and tucking her in. He decided that she would talk to him when she's ready but he definitely was not going to wait to talk to Sean.

"Hello?"

"What the fuck did you do?!" Julian whisper-yelled into his phone as he softly shut Kailani's door.

"What?" Sean asked, confused and surprised by Julian's greeting. "Dude, are you okay?"

Julian huffed, trying to refrain from slamming his door shut out of anger. "No, I'm not okay, dipshit! I'm pissed about Kailani! She came home from your house and just started crying. What the hell happened?"

There was no response from the latter for a few seconds. "Jules, what are you talking about? Kai was never at my house."

He paused in his pacing, looking up from the ground. "What?? What do you mean she was never there? She went over there hours ago to make up with you."

"No, she didn't.." Sean said. "I was rehearsing with Kaycee all day in the garage. No one ever told me she came over."

Julian didn't reply, too confused to say anything.

"What is going on?" he asked, concerned. "Is she okay?"

Julian sighed. "I don't know, man.. she just came home really upset."

"Did she say anything?"

"No.." he replied. "Just cried herself to sleep. I'm worried.."

Sean felt his heart drop to the bottom of his stomach when Julian said that. The thought of Kailani crying herself to sleep made him forget his ego and just want to hold her despite everything that had happened between the two.

"Okay.. I'll be there in 15 minutes."

****

[some sexual content ahead...]

Sean sped his way to Julian's apartment, blocking out everything in his mind besides Kailani. He thought about every possible thing that could've made her upset and what could've happened. He also tried conjuring up an apology that showed her that no argument was worth her being hurt. He ran up the stairs and saw Julian waiting for him outside the door.