[ nineteen ]

***

"Kailani!!!" Kaycee squealed, attacking her with a hug as her and the rest of the girls approached her. "You were incredible!!"

Kailani laughed, hugging her back. "Thank you."

"Seriously, Kai, that was amazing." Bailey giggled. "If I didn't know any better, I would've thought you and Sean had been dancing together for years."

"Yeah, seriously.. I think you got me beat out as Sean's best dance partner." Kaycee said, winking.

"Oh, shut up." she said, trying hard not to blush. "I've seen the way you dance, Kaycee, you totally could have beat me out with Sean."

She rolls her eyes. "Definitely not.. I've never even seen Sean dance like that."

Chloe nodded. "I've watched Sean dance for years and not once has he ever danced with anyone like that."

Kailani felt her cheeks heat up.

This kid is actually going to be the death of me, she thought.

****

"Dude.. where the hell did that come from?!" Kenneth says, jumping on Sean by grabbing his shoulders. Julian, Gabe, and Josh(P) followed him and all surrounded Sean.

"Seriously, man, that was.. shocking." Gabe chuckled. "We've never seen you dance like that before.. let alone with a girl."

Sean smirks. "I mean, is me dancing with a girl so hard to believe?"

"What's hard to believe is that you did that with my cousin." Julian said, rolling his eyes and pushing Sean's shoulder.

Sean laughed. "Hey, chill, it was just a dance!" he says, holding his hands up in defense. "It's not like we were having sex on the dance floor or something."

Julian made a disgusted face. "Ok, dude, seriously never say that ever again."

The boys all laughed.

"So.. is she just your partner or is she your partner?" Josh teased, poking Sean's side.

Sean rolled his eyes. "Dude, fuck off."

"Oooooh, Seanny boy is in loooove!" Kenneth hollered.

Sean immediately hit his side, peering over at the girls to see if they heard anything. They luckily weren't even paying attention to them. "Shut up!"

The boys all cracked up and began teasing Sean.

Sean tried to not pay attention on them and kept looking towards Kailani, who was busy talking with the girls. He was still trying to wrap his head around that last hour of dancing with Kailani. He was honestly surprised at how they connected while dancing because he wasn't sure at first what to expect. He still wasn't completely positive about how he felt about her. All he knew is that dancing and being with her was something he couldn't get enough of.

The boys all dispersed to watch the next group dance and Sean took the moment to sit down and process everything. However, his moment of peace was interrupted when Josh(B) came over and sat next to him.

Sean groaned. "What do you want, Josh?"

"Whoa, whoa.. what's with all the animosity, Lew?" he asked, smirking and taking a sip from his water bottle. "I just came to say that you and Kailani looked great up there.. had me fooled into thinking you actually like her."

Sean remained silent.

"Keep this up and you should have no problem winning this bet." he grins, patting Sean's thigh and standing up to walk away.