[ thirty three ]

***

A couple weeks passed and Kailani and Sean had never spent this much time apart. The second Sean told the producers that he would do the show, he and Kaycee had to jump into rehearsals immediately since they had to record the show within the next month which Kailani didn't mind. She actually used that time to hang out more with Julian and the girls, as well as getting to know Josh and Gabe better. She even spent some time with Kenneth despite Sean's annoyance over the matter. However, the girls all had a job in the new Meghan Trainor video and the boys all joined Julian in Vegas for a class he was teaching at Elevate while Sean and Kaycee were still deep into rehearsals. So she was left all alone for the week.

During her alone time, her phone began ringing as Kailani was drying her hair. She picked up as she saw Kenneth's name flash across the screen.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Kai." she heard him across the line.

"Hey! How's Vegas?" she asked, putting the phone between her ear and shoulder as she finished drying her hair.

He chuckled. "I wouldn't know because I'm not there."

"What? I thought you were there with the rest of the boys?" she asked in confusion.

"Nah, I stayed in LA to help Matt choreograph for his next workshop." he paused. "So I'm guessing you're in LA then?"

She sighed, putting her towel away. "As always."

"Are you down to maybe hang out? If you're not busy, of course."

Kailani bit her lip, knowing she was supposed to see Sean later and didn't want to deal with his attitude over her hanging out with Kenneth despite the fact that the two had made up already. He was still having a hard time trusting him, but Kailani found that ridiculous. She shook her head at herself, deciding that Sean's just gonna have to deal with it.

"Yeah! I was just gonna watch some Netflix if you wanna come hang here." she replied. "Or we could go somewhere, I'm fine with anything."

"A chill day with Netflix sounds great." he said. "I'll be over in 20?"

"Sounds good, see you then." she replied, hanging up.

Kailani sighed and then heard a text notification ding on her phone. She looked down and saw it was Sean.

sean [l]oves y[ew]
hiii:) how's ur day?

Kailani rolled her eyes at Sean's headass contact name that he changed one day when they were playing around on each other's phones.

****

"What? I think it's cute." he chuckled.

Kailani looked over at the phone in his hands and laughed. "It's cringy, Sean."

"But it's true." he said, smiling cheekily. "I do love you."

She tried to ignore that twinkle in his eyes that normally made her give into him. "Yeah, but I don't know if I love you enough to keep this contact name."

He pouted. "Well, I like it."

"Well, I think it's too middle school." she said matter-of-factly, grabbing her phone away from him. "We're not in the 8th grade, Sean."

"Hey, I like the fact that you're reminded that I love you every time I text or call you. And it's also a play on my name!" he said excitedly, pausing to observe her expression. "Come on, that's cute!"

She rolled her eyes. "Fine.. only because I love you too."

He grins and kissed her cheek before grabbing her phone back from her and pressing 'done' on his contact profile.