Snow Covered Memories.

"What's going to happen to them?" Bucky asked, the weight of those we left behind still heavy on all of our shoulders

"I'll handle it when this is over." Steve evaded, not telling his friend about what them being left behind truly meant. 

"I don't know if I'm worth all this." I heard Bucky admit, and I turned to look over at him for a second. 

"Course you are, James, or we wouldn't be doing this for you." 

I flew us over Kazakhstan, and the upper regions of Mongolia before going up into the Central Siberian Plateau. 

The sharp snow covered peaks varying in altitudes. The same rocky terrain spanning endlessly as far as the eye could see. 

Frozen lakes interspersed themselves within the steep alps. The black, and grey from the tundra blanketed in white. 

After another hour or so of flying I landed the Quinjet on the rocky peak, a moat of icy water encompassed around the cliffs below. 

I put down the landing gear, and opened up the aft ramp as we prepared to face whatever awaited us. 

"Hey, remember that one time we went to that new jazz club? You spent hours trying to get me a date to dance with." Steve brought up, and I listened in. 

"Well, I wanted you to have a good time." 

"And, then you told Becky to dance with me when you couldn't get anyone else to." 

"Which I was happy to do, Steve." I interjected, switching off a few of the gauges. 

"On that night weren't you wearing that low cut red dress?" Bucky added, and I glanced over at him, smirking. 

"Yes, why?" 

"You looked good, Doll." 

"Yeah, she did." Steve agreed. 

I smiled over at my Brooklyn boys. Steve's hand on Bucky's shoulder as they stood together. 

For a moment it was as if nothing had changed. I remembered how Steve, and Bucky would always make sure to joke around before any dangerous mission. That was just a thing they did as a habit. They'd talk about something they could smile at before the fight started, and I was happy to see that some things hadn't changed. 

Once we went outside, our boots sinking in the snow, the blizzardy wind biting at our skin, we noticed a duel tracked tank parked beside the HYDRA training facilities entrance. 

The corroded steel doors cracked open. The passcode already typed into the security system. 

Cautiously, we made our way inside, past the cave like entry, out of the wicked snowy conditions of the Siberian Plateau. 

Within the bunker were fragments of the past, and the whole place felt haunted. Scarred from everything that had taken place within it. 

Looking around the deteriorating area, and exposed piping I suddenly grew afraid. This scene in a way bringing me back to a day long ago in 1945. 

The deserted underground base void of life, but not of it's ghosts. It still swelled with terror, and I could so easily picture this as the perfect place to torture someone. The perfect place to torture the Winter Soldier. 

I held tightly onto Bucky's metal hand, our wedding bands touching

I was seeking comfort from him, wanting to feel him. To know that he was still here, and wasn't going to fade away. And, the look in his slate blue pools as he gazed over at me said the very same thing. 

The horrors of Bucky's life had occurred here, and he too sought out comfort from me. He too, wanted to feel that I was indeed right there beside him. 

We took the freight elevator down, deeper within the bunker, and I listened to the gears shift as we descended. 

I pulled one of the handguns out of my thigh holster, and we stepped out into the corridor. The florescent lights flickering eerily, the sound of oil dripping against the cement. 

Just down the hall a familiar face was awaiting us, all suited up in his iconic red, and gold armor. 

Immediately, I pointed my gun at the billionaire, not knowing if he was acting as a friend, or foe. 

"You seem a little defensive." Tony pointed out, retracting his helmet so that we could see his face. 

"It's been a long day." Steve replied. 

"What can I say? I was wrong. Clearly," The genius Avenger dismissed, leaning casually against the wall. "The real Doctor, Theo Broussard, was found dead in a Berlin hotel where the cops also found a wig, and facial prosthesis approximating the appearance of your hubby here." 

"Yeah, I tried to tell you that, Tony, all this time," I deflected. "But, you wouldn't listen to someone who should know better than anyone else as his spouse. You had to finally hear it from your user interface, F.R.I.D.A.Y., before acknowledging the truth." 

"Yeah, I get it," The Iron Man buffered. "Look, Ross has no idea I'm here. I'd like to keep it that way. Otherwise I gotta arrest myself." 

"Well, it's good to see you, Tony." Steve admitted. 

"You too, Cap. And, Rebecca, it's always a pleasure seeing you, or usually whenever you aren't attacking me. Which by the way, can you put your gun down? This is a truce here." 

I did as Tony asked, and together we walked deeper into the caverns of the facility. Eventually ending up in the belly of the beast. The dwelling of the other 5 Super Soldiers. 

Sketchy medical equipment lurked stilly within the shadows. An electrical memory suppressing chair sat in the center of the room, it's steel plates rusted, the restraints overrun with cobwebs. 

Illuminated up in orange lights were the Cryostasis Chambers. Vapors of ice cold steam radiating off them, and kept inside were the soldiers. 

A bullet hole in each of their heads. The glass of each cell cracked from the blow, and the 5 corpses sat lifelessly on display. 

"If it's any comfort, they died in their sleep." We suddenly heard a man with a Sokovian accent say.