The Calm...

With the God's arrival came a shred of hope, of a newfound resilience, and it ignited strength within everyone still left fighting

With the God's arrival came a shred of hope, of a newfound resilience, and it ignited strength within everyone still left fighting. The battle now more even tempered, although temporarily, but it seemed as though progress was being made. Almost as if there was a new sense of belief that it was possible... Winning. 

With Thor now on board showing all he could do on the frontlines there was a second for all of us to catch our breath, the battle now more evenly matched. The remaining few hundred Outriders nothing too serious, and with me having destroyed four of the dropships the infinite numbers of the enemy was no longer a threat. 

However, one last dropship remained, and concealed within it was the Black Order's ace. Their final, most deadly attack; an assemblage of near unstoppable Threshers. Ginormous heavily bladed wheel-like machines that spun with vehement ferocity. 

In a less than subtle manner the sharp churning machines came out to play. Mowing down every tree that stood in their way like mere blades of grass as the devices burrowed beneath the barrier, and up out of the dirt, splitting apart the landscape with vengeance. 

The relentless assault forcing Wanda out of the facility to provide aid. The Witch's powers strong enough to destroy one of the Threshers. Her eyes glowing red as she faught in the War zone. The Black Order's ace meant as a mere distraction though, unbeknownst to us. 

For now Vision was unprotected, and the lab was ambushed by the third Child of Thanos, Corvus Glaive. His covert attack a surprise, making Shuri halt her progress, and for Vision to have to fight as well. The severely weakened android now having to go head to head against the strong alien.

With all his might Vision forced Corvus out of the facility, and back onto the battlefield just as Bruce managed to defeat Cull by sending him sailing up into the energy dome by the severed arm of his Hulkbuster armor. The metal limbs repulsors leading the minion of Thanos to self combust against the phasing barrier before erupting into a swell of fire. Leaving only two left... 

Though soon enough Wanda was able to gain the upper-hand in her fight as well against Proxima Midnight. The Witch using her powers to catapult Proxima right straight into the blades of her own weapon; the Threshers. The machines revolving sharp saws easily tearing her apart like mere taffy. Leaving only one member left...

Corvus, who was now currently fighting against Steve, the Captain doing anything, and everything he could to protect Vision. The superbot badly harmed sitting on the sidelines, his glitching body feebly leaning against a fallen tree trunk. 

On the outskirts I watched as Steve harshly kicked Corvus, sending his spear sailing to the grassy turf

On the outskirts I watched as Steve harshly kicked Corvus, sending his spear sailing to the grassy turf. The heroes resistance angering the remaining Child of Thanos greatly, leading him to slam Steve down to the ground with herculean force. His long claw-like grip securely tightening around the Captain's throat. 

As discretely as I could I darted over to where the scene was taking place, the sound of Steve choking to death ringing in my ears as I hoisted up the aliens fallen spear. The weight of it heavy in my grasp as I crept closer. 

Before Corvus could finish strangling my gasping blonde friend I rammed the spear straight through his chest from behind, killing the last member of the Black Order instantly. 

The blade easily splitting right through his body, and heart. And, as I let go of the spear Corvus fell to the dirt, a puddle of his green tinged blood pooling around him. 

With a sigh of relief I outstretched my arm, reaching out to help Steve up. 

The Captain gladly accepting my help as he stood once more, cracking a small smile. 

"Thanks, Becky. What would I do without you?" 

"Probably be dead in some alley back in the 40's." I shot back. 

"Yeah, probably." He willingly agreed, victory in sight.