Stand.

With that, in a resilient, desperate attempt to keep Thanos away from the gauntlet which was cradled in my arms, Steve, Thor and Tony worked in unison

With that, in a resilient, desperate attempt to keep Thanos away from the gauntlet which was cradled in my arms, Steve, Thor and Tony worked in unison. Inflicting all the damage they could muster against the Mad Titan while I fled. 

Ducking behind a wall of busted scrap metal and broken pieces of cement I hid, keeping the Infinity Stones in the safety of my care while the trio fought. Doing their damnedest, using every ability and strength at their disposal, at all costs. 

And, while I tucked myself away amongst the embering wreckage and falling soot I silently wished that I was strong enough to wield the gauntlet. To control the stones... But, I wasn't. The best I could do was keep the gauntlet out of harms way even if I had to put my life on the line. 

But, past Thanos, in his prime, seemed to be too strong for the heroes. The Titan a catastrophic giant against them as he swiftly knocked down Steve and Tony while the Demigod tried with all his might to gain the upper-hand. 

Using Stormbreaker Thor clashed against Thanos' blades, but almost easily, the ruthless Titan smashed the Asgardian to the rocky ground. And, then with Thor's own weapon the Titan slowly began to push the axe into the God's chest. 

His plated armor being ripped apart as the Titan drove the axe deeper in with the Asgardian not being strong enough to resist. 

Though looking over, I noticed the cast aside hammer begin to rumble and shake, as if awakening. Inch by inch the God's weapon being lifted up from the ground before it went sailing straight towards the Titan's head. Hitting Thanos in the face, sending the giant staggering back, the hammer then returned to it's wielder. 

Bloody and beaten, Steve caught Mjolnir. My dear friend being worthy enough to hold it... 

And, using the God's weapon he fought against Thanos. Raining lightning down upon the Titan, with the gigantic enemy not being able to stop it. The Living Legend, true to that name, battling against Thanos with hammer in hand and fire in his blue eyes. Hellbent on doing whatever it took to win. 

But, soon the Titan grew annoyed, his rage giving him enough power to finally cause the Captain to halt in his ceaseless attacks. 

Knocking Mjolnir out of Steve's grip Thanos sliced a cut in the Captain's leg with his dual blades and from the blockage of rubble I watched as the Titan mercilessly began chopping Steve's shield apart. 

The shards of his famous piece of armor falling to the dirt laden ground. The symbol of Captain America being destroyed by each wrath filled hit from the Titan. 

And, my friend was rendered powerless on the ruined terrain, bloodied up. Lying there with his broken shield and broken resistance. Looking small amidst the desolate abyss he reminded me of that boy who used to get beaten up within the alleys of Brooklyn. 

And, without a second thought I rushed towards him. 

"Steve!" I called out, running across the rubble and refuse while the Titan just waited like a looming predator watching his prey anxiously scamper around.