Bimaar dil

Shilpa PoV

He was sneezing...continuosly...his condition was getting worse. The moment we reached in the room, he just slipped inside the blanket, sneezing and shivering. This was just the first day in this place and he was sick. I couldn't see him this way, so went to my first aid box, took a paracetamol and gave it to him. He took it, his nose had become red and I couldn't help laughing as he was looking very funny.

"Badi hasi aa rahi hai? Kabhi kisi ko bimaar nahi dekha hain kya?"

"bade aye manly banane....ek baar paani mein kya utare, aap to bimaar ho gaye...kisne kaha tha paani mein utarne ko?"

"thik hai thik hai...aapko meri fikar karne ki jaroorat nahi hai"

I go and sit on the couch. He is shivering...so I go and take some cold water, and a cloth and put it on his head as it is very hot. He is having fever. Why am I doing this, I have no idea...but I cannot see him suffering...it is hurting me from inside seeing him in this condition. He is sleeping now...but in between he jerks, wakes up, sees me mumbles something and then again goes to sleep. He is holding my hand so that i cannot move.

His fever has gone down, thanks to the paracetamol. I order some soup....it will take some time....suddenly his phone buzz and I see Anusha's number on it...curiosity makes me take it. It says:

"Vikas, how are you? Have you told her yet? Shilpa is a good girl....dont do it to her...tell her everything.."

I don't understand anything...what she wants him to tell me...what is he hiding from me? How will I find out? So many questions are coming in my mind....suddenly, an idea strucks.

I reply to her from his phone..."Kya batau main use Anu dear..."

Her reply comes immediately.."😏 phir se mazak...mujhse mat karna mazak..."

"Arey mazak nahi dear,  bahut kuch hai batane ke liye..tum kis cheez ka batane ko keh rahi ho?"

"Viku...You are too much!!!!I am telling you to tell her about shonupoo...that there is noone woth such name...you are not getting married.."

What the heck!!!!he is not getting married and doing this drama to make me jealous...and he is successful in it...then what was that news? Shit shit...I doubted him...I took such a big step...but I am happy....he is not getting married...but for this he has to pay....he should havr told me instead of all this drama...now my turn.

I remember my friend Rajeev who is my college friend, who stays here and who is the best person to help me...I make a call Rajeev.....I explain him everything....he understands and is excited to help me..he says that he will be here by morning...now its your turn Guptaji.

I behave normally when i wake him up and feed him.hot soup...his condition is much better. He sleeps once again and as I am also tired I too sleep. I am waiting for the morning to come...want to see his jealousy.

At morning, I wake up...Guptaji is sleeping peacefully..he has no fever...there is a smile on his face, which will disappear very soon. I get fresh, wear a red dress with yellow flowers on it and wait for Rajeev...he comes at 9.00 am when Guptaji is just waking up...

I open the door and hug Rajeev....he too is happy to see me after so long...he picks me up as always and i see from the corner of my eyes that Guptaji is looking at us with open mouth and his fists is ready to hit Rajeev...have to be very careful.

I take him inside..."Rajeev..kaise ho? Bahut dino baad? Bade hot lag rahe ho? Hmm...kya baat hai?"

"thanks Shilpa...tum kaisi ho? Tum bhi bahut sunder lag rahi ho? Shadi kab ki aur mujhe nahi bulaya...badi aayi dost...ye tumhare pati hai kya?"

Before i open my mouth to reply, Vikasji jumps in..."Hi....I am Vikas...and yes I am her Husband"

I look at him very fiercely...ye kya bol raha hai..." Vo Rajeev...achcha laga tumse milke...kitne dino baad mile hai...chalo breakfast karne chalte hai...vaha tumse bahut baat karni hai..Vikasji, aapka nashta yaha bheju ya aap baad mein khayenge"

Before his reply, I pull Rajeev towards the door leaving him fuming with his bimaar and jala hua dil... Why I couldn't tell Rajeev the truth, I dont know....Maybe I am very happy about his possessiveness....this is what I was yearning for...but little bit game from this side is needed to show him that he is not the only one to play games.