Shadi

Vikas PoV

I was angry, I was trying very hard to make her understand...i was doing everything to make her happy, tried to explain in all ways that I loved her, but she was  so stubborn that even though she understood me, still she was not ready.

Now I was fed up, koi kitna samjhayega...main tang aa gaya tha...meri samaj mein nahi aa raha tha ki kaise samjhau use, kya karu, jaan lun apni...I didnt wanted to force her but I wanted her...when you love someone and then you dont get what you want you tend to get angry...I was angry which made me do all this stupid thing...I broke the full room things...I was irritated..and then I heard her voice challenging me to do what I wanted...

Damn!!damn...why did she come here? Who does she think of herself? Why is she doing this? You dont love me fine, then why come here? To see whether I am alive...no now this has to stop..I have hurt my mom.all along...she is crying everyday...what have I done? Now no more crying...hope she remains happy in her life....I have decided to move on...I am tired...have wasted my time waiting for her...

I go out and see mom talking to someone on phone....I go to her... Seeing me she cuts the phone

"Guchipoo,  bahut ho gaya tumhara natak...bas ab kuch nahi...kya haal bana ke rakha hai? Aa baith, main tumhare baalo mein tel lagati hun..ruk"

She goes and brings oil and massages me...I cry...i keep my head in her lap and cry like a child...I have behaved very badly with all of them because of her, who dont even care, even after telling her so many times.

"Mumma, I am sorry...galti ho gayi mujhse...maine aapko bahut dukh diya na...please maaf kar do mujhe...main ab aage badhna chahta hun meri life mein"

"Na mere bachche...aise rote nahi...tum aage jaroor badho, mere bete, par pehle rona band karo...aur meri baat suno...maine teri shadi karne ka faisla kiya hai...agle hafte ka muhurat nikla hai...dekh tu mana nahi karna...tumne promise kiya hai...ki mujhe dukh nahi dega"

What the heck!!!!maine maafi kya maangi, inhone to shadi hi tai kar di...kisse koun ye bhi nahi pata...

"Mumma, ye kya keh rahi ho?shadi?kisse ,kab...abhi abhi main itne bade jhatke se gujra hun, aur aap ho ki meri shadi bhi tai kar li?poochna bhi jaroori nahi samjha? Aur itni jaldi...kyu mumma?"

"Beta, bahut time diya tumhe...ab bas...vo ladki jisse teri shadi hone wali hai bahut pyari hai...bahut pyar karegi tumko..sab bhul jaoge tum...aur jaldi isliye ki iske baad muhurat nahi hai aur main us ladki ko.khona bhi nahi chahti..tu khush rahega uske saath mere bachche,tuze meri kasam"

I didnt know what to say...how can anyone take advantage of my situation...I am tring to forget someone and here my mother is ready with another bride...oof!!!meri life ki to vaat lag gayi hai...

"Beta teri chuppi ko main haa samjhke unko.bolti hun ki taiyari mein lag jaye"

I didnt say a word....what will I say? Everyone is after my life...mujhse jo ladki shadi karegi, vo pachtayegi...kyunki main ab aur kisi se pyar nahi karne wala...

I convey this to.my mom....she nods and says.."beta jaise hi uska chehra dekhega, tu sab bhul jayega..shilpa ko.bhi...pari jaise dikhti hai..."

"Mumma, is janam mein to main shilpa ko nahi bhul sakta...aap keh dena us ladki se ki uski shadi ek laash se ho rahi hai jiska dil, aatma sab uske paas nahi hai.."

Saying this, I go out of the house...I go directly to the hospital to meet aai..she is alone...thank god...

"Aai, kaisi tabiyat hai aapki?"

"Vikasji, main thik hun..beta bura mat manana shilpa ke bartav ka...vo vaisi hi hai, jiddi...please mujhe maaf kar dena meri hi galti hai jo maine aapse itni badi baat maangi"

"nahi aai, shayad mujhme kami hai isloye shilpaji mujhse shadi nahi karna chahti...maine bahut koshish ki...ab main aur kuch nahi kar sakta...please apna dhyan rakhiye aur main humesha pray karunga ki shilpaji humesha khush rahe, aabad rahe...main chalta hun aai"

I couldn't control myself...didnt wanted to cry in front of her so left her and went to my office where I would spent my entire week...

2 days later , my mom called me to say that they are going to girls house...she wanted me to come..I  was not interested so they left without me...I was not in the mood of anything, inspent my days and nights working and looking out of the windows...there was no news of shilpaji, as if she had disappeared...just got the news that aai was discharged and was recovering...thank god.

All my friends tried to take me away from the office...all were excited except me...I had no interest in any of the wedding shopping..all was handled by my mom.and friends...finally the day came when my wedding was to be done...I had no choice but to go home..as mom had given me threat to do suicide if i dont be at home....I came to know that it was a small function as the time was less....later if we wanted we can keep a big reception.

I was dressed with a sherwani and a sehra through which I couldnt see anything....we went in the car and reached the hall where her family was waiting...one lady came and did all the rituals....and took me inside...i could hear that they were talking marathi....thought maybe marathi friends....then I was made to sit in the mandap....I was told to remove the sehra from my head as o couldn't see anything...I was lifeless, emotionless sitting there following all instructions...I was not in the mood to see up or anyone...i knew that from my side, my family, my friends had come...and then the moment came when bride was about to come...

Priiyank told me to see the bride as she was looking like an angel...I was playinh with Niyanta, my neice not at all interested in seeing the girl...she came and sat besides me and still i didn't see her...and then the mantras came where panditji said..."Shilpa shinde, putri..of so and so..."and I was shocked...why that name...
Is the panditji also mocking me...afterall everyone knew that I loved Shilpa by now...after all the mantras we were told to stand up for feras, when her dupatta was tied to my shawl by Komal, when she whispered," bhaiya ek baar dulhan ka chahra dekho....please"

She was pleading so I saw..

And everything stopped....the whole world stopped because in front of me was Shilpa wearing a pink lehenga, shy, smiling....I couldn't move...i couldn't take my eyes off...i couldn't believe that she was getting married to me....everyone was shouting....but i couldnt understand what they were saying..when she held my hand and said..."Guptaji, phere complete kare"

I came to my senses..i completed everything with more emotions now...but before wearing her mangalsutra I wanted to know how this happened....but because muhurat was passing I had to wait..finally my dream came true....but I was seriously angry and she had to face my anger...I too wanted to show her how it feels when u become an stubborn human being..but I was beyond happy.

KIDNAP : FOR A GOOD REASONजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें