six

1:26 AM - same night

i couldn't see straight. my head was all over the place. my thoughts running wild.

i just walked out of a room, trying to get away from something. or someone.

i was walking through the crowd of moving bodies, trying to keep myself upright. i could barely hear myself think over this damn music.

my stomach was doing somersaults but i chose to ignore it. i was a dizzy mess.

was this what it felt like to be drunk?

i continued walking, the lightheadedness getting to me. i felt my body searching for something, but my mind completely forgot what—or who, i was looking for.

i see teagan and amy out of the corner of my eye. they're dancing within the crowd, totally wasted. or at least teagan was. amy catches sight of me and waves me over. "rylin! come here!"

i unsteadily make my way over, pushing people out of my way as i go.

"what's up, b-bitches?" i shout over the music when i reach them. teagan drinks from her cup, tipping her head backward in the process.

"nothing, hoe" amy laughs, continuing to dance. i join, moving my hips to the music. i finally see emma sitting on a couch toward the back wall with her tongue down some guy's throat. so much for having a crush on mason.

"so where the hell have you been? we haven't seen you around in like 3 hours." teagan continues dancing, looking my way.

"y'know, i'm n-not entirely sure. i think i just crashed somewhere after those last few shots." there were less people than earlier, but still a lot left dancing. i kept bumping into people every few seconds.

as i was dancing, i suddenly stumble backwards a little before amy grabs hold of my arm. i close my eyes for a second, feeling my mind suddenly cloud.

"damn, ry? how much vodka did you have?" amy asks, giggling.

"not much, r-really" i reply, rubbing at my temples.

"she's a lightweight, ames." teagan shakes her head before taking another swig of her drink. i continue stumbling, trying to gain my balance. my head is fucking pounding by this point.

"maybe she should lie down?" amy says with concern, looking over to teagan. teagan laughs as she continues to sway to the music.

"this happens to everyone their first time drinking. don't worry about it, she'll just puke and deal with the hangover tomorrow."

amy shakes her head. "tey, this doesn't seem normal."

i felt horrible. god, i was never touching alcohol again after tonight. i put my hand up to my forehead, feeling it sticky with sweat.

i felt so confused and lost. "w-where's ethan?" i mumble, squinting my eyes as i look at teagan and amy.

"he left, i think. with that kara girl, right?" amy looks at teagan and she nods, agreeing.

great. she has a name.

i rub my eyes, feeling even more sick. what the hell happened tonight? i can't remember a single thing.

"guys, i'll just g-go find an empty bedroom and lie down." i feel my eyelids getting heavier as it begins getting harder to keep them open. i was so exhausted.

i turn around to begin walking away, and that's when i faintly remember ethan and kyle. arguing. why were they arguing again?

i hear amy's voice call for me but she sounds miles away. i get lost through the crowd, aimlessly walking forward until i finally reach a hallway.