twenty-one

TWO WEEKS LATER

the past two weeks have been absolute hell. i feel like i'm crying constantly about how shitty my life has become.

the good thing is that hunter left for his three month suspension already, which pretty much means he'll be gone for the rest of this semester. 

the seven of us were sitting at lunch, talking about some trip amy has planned for us.

"it's this little camping lodge my parents are letting us borrow! we'll be there for the whole weekend. it's only a two hour drive upstate."

"do you know how many bugs are going to be out there?" emma crinkled her nose in disgust, teagan agreeing with her.

"we'll be inside pretty much all day. the cabin is the best part anyway." amy's eyes are bright, filled with excitement.

i was pretty excited, too. hanging out with my favorite people for an entire weekend away from this damn school sounded refreshing.

"sounds fun, ames." ethan gives her a smile, continuing to eat his sandwich.

"thank you, ethan. now if only the rest of you were excited." she glares at teagan and emma.

"ugh, fine! we'll go. just chill before that vein in your forehead pops." teagan crosses her arms, looking away from amy.

"bitch." amy covers her forehead, and i laugh.

"gray, ryan? you guys up for it?" i ask the them.

"yeah, i'm down." grayson nods, leaning forward on his elbows.

"i'm actually busy this weekend. my mom is making me clean her attic." ryan shrugs apologetically.

"ugh, fine. have fun with your mom." amy turns to the rest of us. "so we'll meet friday night at my place and we'll need two cars."

"we could take mine," ethan offers. 

"perfect. and i have mine we can use." amy claps her hands together happily. 

i turn to ethan, scooching my chair closer to him and resting my head on his shoulder. "do you have a lot of homework?"

"no. why?" he continues eating.

"no reason. just wondering." i smile into the soft sleeve of his sweatshirt. 

he chuckles and wraps an arm around my waist, resting his hand near my hip. "sure you were." 

i poke his side and he almost drops his sandwich, jumping a little in surprise. "whoops." i smile at him innocently, and he licks the inside of his cheek, eyes locked on mine.

"quit it." he pulls me against his side and snuggles his nose into my hair, his fingers finding my waist.

"eth, stop tickling me." i laugh, and his lips press against my neck, sending goosebumps all over my body.

"god, i love your laugh." i can feel him smile against my neck, and my heart skips a beat from his compliment.

"can you two get a room?" teagan raises her eyebrows at us.

i feel my cheeks heat up as i pull away from ethan. he keeps his arm around my waist anyway.

i look at him, and he runs his hand through his hair, winking at me.

i love him so much.

-

AMY'S POV

i was so excited for this weekend. everything was set.