thirteen

FRIDAY

i was at my locker, putting my books away at the end of the class day. finally this week was over.

hunter had been spreading rumors all week about the night he raped me. saying i'm the one who came onto him. i'm the one who wanted him. 

everyone thinks i'm some kind of whore.

it's not like i could just tell them all the truth. it'd be my word against his. he's the popular one, the one that everybody is friends with. i was just the girl who had her boyfriend move across the country just to get away from me.

amy, teagan, and emma knew the truth, though. they of course believed me. and obviously ethan and grayson have known the truth since last saturday.

as i was finishing up putting stuff away, i hear hunter walking down the hall with some of his jock friends.

i couldn't catch a break in this damn school. 

"yeah, dude, she was begging me to go down on her. wouldn't leave me alone the entire night." his buddies all laugh, patting his shoulder and praising him.

"nice, bro! she's hot as fuck." 

"yeah man, i've always wanted her but she was with matt."

hunter chuckles smugly, before replying, "she and i were screwing even when she was with matt." all his friends start hollering and laughing.

"well shit, hunter!"

i just keep my head a little in my locker so they don't see me as they pass by. i grab my coat, closing the locker door. 

when i turn around, i see ethan and kara coming down the hallway, hand in hand.

"hey ry!" ethan says as they reach me, a large grin on his face. kara looks annoyed, but covers it up with the most fake smile i've ever seen.

"hey eth." i can't help but smile when i see him. "and kara," i mumble after just to be polite.

"so we're going to go bowling tonight and ethan here thought it'd be a great way for us all to bond as friends, so you're invited." kara rolls her eyes, grabbing onto ethan's bicep to bring him closer to her.

i stop myself before i can gag.

"uh, okay. sounds fun." it really sounded more like torture, but at least ethan would be there. we used to bowl all the time with grayson and we're all super competitive about it. it was so much fun when it was the three of us. "hey, how about we invite grayson, too?" 

ethan thinks for a second and then nods his head. "if he's not busy, that'd be cool."

i pulled out my phone, sending grayson a quick text.

me | 3:43 PM

heyy gray wanna come bowling with me, eth, and kara?

at least now i wouldn't be a third wheel. i slip on my jacket and walk out of the school with ethan and kara. i head to my jeep while they head to ethan's bmw. "see you at the bowling alley!" ethan calls out to me and i give him a small wave before getting into my car.

i strap myself in and start it, but before i start driving, i check my phone to see if grayson's replied. he has.

gray | 3:49 PM

uhh that sounds like hell

me | 3:50 PM

no please come. i don't wanna be a third wheel