twenty-two

AMY'S POV

"why the hell would you want to come with us?" i glare at her.

"because then i get to keep an eye on rylin and ethan. plus, i've always loved cabins." she smirks at me, her eyebrows arching.

i really didn't want her to come this weekend. it would be like being in literal hell. but i also really didn't want her telling ethan or rylin yet. i wanted to be the one to tell at least rylin.

i sigh, rubbing my face with my hands. "are you sure there's not anything else? anything?"

she thinks for a second, tapping her chin. "nope, i want this." she pops the 'p' sound when she speaks.

i exhale deeply, left with no choice. "we leave friday night. meet me at my house." kara claps her hands together.

"perfect! see you all then!" she turns around and runs to her car.

god, ethan and rylin are going to hate me.

i walk back up the stairs to their front door, knocking.

ethan opens the door. "amy, what's up?" 

"can i come in? i have to tell you and rylin something."

he nods, opening the door wider so i can enter. i see rylin sitting on the couch surfing through netflix.

i sit down, motioning for ethan to sit, too. he and rylin turn to face me, focusing their attention on me.

"so, um. kara is coming with us this weekend." i fidget my fingers anxiously.

looking up at them, i can see rylin's face go pale and ethan getting angry.

"why? why on earth would she possibly be coming with us?" ethan crosses his arms over his knees, narrowing his eyes at me.

"that's actually a pretty long story." i bite my lip nervously.

"we have time." ethan keeps glaring at me.

"okay, well, it's actually not that long. kara just wanted to make amends with you guys because of how she left things and i thought this trip would be the perfect place for you guys to all do so."

"this trip was supposed to be fun. and between only us six." rylin shakes her head at me, looking annoyed.

i feel so awful. 

"it still will be fun! just between us seven instead." i try lightening the mood.

ethan stands up, running his hands through his hair. rylin just looks down at the ground, thinking.

"i don't think ethan and i are going to come anymore." 

my heart drops. "no, ry, please it's not that bad. we can just ignore her if you want."

"i just still can't believe you would invite her, amy? do you think any one of us is going to be excited about this trip now?" rylin's eyes stare into mine, anger fueling them.

i sigh, letting my head rests on my palms. "guys, please just come. i promise we'll all have fun just like we wanted to. you guys can just ignore kara the whole weekend if you want."

ethan scratches his chin, turning to face us now. he looks at rylin, raising his eyebrows in a questioning manner. 

she nods and i feel relief wash over me. "fine, we'll come. but only because you're our friend and we love you, amy." she grins a little, but it's clearly fake.

"thank you guys! so i'll see you on friday, okay?" they nod.

i stand up, giving them a small wave as i head out the door.