Metting Sirius Black

Abigail was about a three hundred and ten years old when she had received a letter to Hogwarts. Loki, of course, had made sure the whole thing happened, which left her to go to Diagon Alley to gather shit for school. Now, because she had lived a lot of time on Midgard, that meant she was well educated in the ways of the humans. That also meant it would be easy to blend in with them, so she had that going for her.

Anyway, she had been walking down the streets of Diagon Alley for a few hours, going in and out of shops to buy stuff that she would need for school, along with a few extra things just in case. Whenever she had bought something, she would duck into an alley to teleport the items to her apartment back in Britain. And, in case you are wondering, she can actually modify her appearance to make it look like she's old enough to actually buy an apartment, but her original form looks to be only eleven. She's made it so her body's age progresses along with humans, but at any point, she can snap back to a younger age, or move forward to an older one. That's one of the many perks of being the daughter of a Trickster God.

Anyway, everything was going great. She was currently in an accessory shop wandering around for scarves and gloves when she heard arguing on the other side of the small store. Now, her father usually hated it when she was nosy, but he wasn't around at the moment, which made her smirk lightly as she pretended to be interested in a hat that was closer to the four members of the family. There were two boys - one with short, curly black hair (he looked considerably younger than the other) and his older brother had longer, less curly hair. Their parents were looking down at the older brother with distasteful glares, as the eleven-year-old boy seemed to have done something wrong.

She overheard the last parts of the conversation, however.

"Sirius, just find something you like and be done with it. Come on, Regulus." Their mother hissed, grabbing the younger brother's hand and dragging the father and brother out of the shop. Sirius looked sadly after them, but his expression turned stony when he caught her staring.

"What are you looking at?" The boy, Sirius, spat, glaring at her as she simply shrugged in response.

"You're parents seem great." She stated sarcastically, holding the two scarves and two pairs of gloves - one fingerless, by the way - as she stepped over to him.

Sirius rolled his eyes, glancing around the shop before saying, "Where's yours?"

"Ah, they said I was old enough to do this by myself." That was a lie. One was fighting a war and the other was trying to stop one from happening. "Are you going to Hogwarts as well, then?" She asked, sticking by him as they walked around the store.

"Yeah." He picked a scarf as well, pausing as he turned towards her. "What house are you hoping for?" She didn't really know what to say to that, as she really didn't know anything about any of the houses.

"Well...Slytherin or Gryffindor, I guess." She knew Slytherin usually was for mischievous and cunning students, and Gryffindor was for more brave students. Abigail didn't really know which one she wanted more - or even which one she would get - because she was the daughter of perhaps the most mischievous god and possibly the bravest Archangel ever. Anyway, as she said Slytherin, she could see Sirius flinch slightly. The two were walking to the counter, now.

"Why Slytherin?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"I honestly couldn't tell you why. It just interests me." She put her items up on the counter, motioning for Sirius to do the same. As the woman behind the desk smiled, Sirius turned to her with a confused look on his face.

"You don't have to pay for-"

"No, it's my pleasure, mate." He reluctantly put the scarf and beanie he had found beside her things, looking down at his feet as Abigail reached into her pocket.

"That'll be two galleons, hon." The woman said with a small smile. Abigail nodded, snapping her fingers in her pocket so the two gold coins appeared in her palm. After handing them over to the woman, the two put their things in paper bags and walked out of the store. As they got outside, Sirius spotted his family over on a street corner arguing and immediately frowned. Abigail saw this, and she smiled lightly.

"Hey, I'm going to go to the ice cream parlor before I leave...wanna join?" She asked, knowing that he wouldn't want to go back to his arguing family just yet.

"Yes. Please." He replied without hesitation, giving her a small smile - which she returned with a grin. The two walked down the streets until they finally reached Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour. There weren't many people inside, which was even better, as she had been craving ice cream all day.

Sirius opened the door for her with a goofy smirk on his lips, following her inside and up to the counter. "Get anything you want, mate. My treat." Sirius grinned in response.

"What can I get for ya?" The man asked, leaning against the counter to look down at them.

"Can I get a sundae?"

"Make that two!" Abigail added with a grin, Florean nodding before going to get the two treats ready. When he finished and set the two items on the counter, she reached into her pocket to grab money, but he stopped her.

"On me. Have fun, you two!" Abigail and Sirius thanked him, taking the sundae's and leaving the shop.

After a few minutes of comfortable silence, Sirius finally spoke up. "I realize I still haven't gotten your name."

"Abigail. Abigail Lorian."

"Sirius Black." After he said his last name, he looked to her to see if she would look at him in disgust. Most people did that, as the Black's were known to be into the Dark Arts. Surprisingly, however, she didn't even flinch. "No reaction?"

She stopped eating the ice cream, turning towards him with a confused expression on her face. "Am I...supposed to have one? Are you famous or something?"

"No, I'm not famous. Just...when people hear that I'm a Black, they tend to shy away from me."

"That seems rude. Why?"

"Y-you...don't know? My family practices the Dark Arts...most think us to be in line with He Who Must Not Be Named."

"You mean Voldemort?" She said with an unimpressed tone. She could take that turd in her sleep.

"Don't say his name!" Sirius hissed, looking around as a few of the passersby stared at her with wide eyes.

"Why not? It's not like it's bad. I've met men ten times as strong as him, all of whom crumble at my feet." Sirius laughed but quieted at her dead serious face.

"You must be joking."

"Nope." She said, popping the 'p' with a sing-song voice. It was true, but she could tell he didn't believe her. She didn't mind, though, as she didn't want the first human she had made friends with to be scared of her.

"Ha, you're funny." He said with a smirk. They continued talking until they both finished their sundae's. After saying their goodbyes, Abigail ducked into an alley, her body suddenly disappearing in a flash of green and a flurry of wingbeats.