The Calm Before the Storm

Abigail heard the door opening, followed by a bunch of laughter. That's how she knew Sirius and the others had arrived. "Siri, love, get everyone settled in, I'm almost done with dinner!" Abigail called, glancing back at the group that just entered. Her mood deflated a bit when she didn't see Remus with them but turned back to the cooking. You see, the other Marauders had begun to mistrust Remus for some unknown reason that Abigail didn't know about. None of them told her why they stopped speaking to Remus, as all of them knew that she was still close with him. Which is why she also knows that he isn't evil or whatever.

"It smells delicious, Abby! Let me help out." Lily complimented as she entered the kitchen to help out with the cleaning. All of them are 20 years old, now, and a lot has happened so far. Let's catch you up, shall we?

After the group got out of Hogwarts, Sirius and Abigail set up a base in London, whereas Jamsie, Lils, Moony, and Wormtail stayed in Scotland. Commuting was rather easy for the long distance, as the six of them were all very good at apparating, so it didn't matter very much. Sirius and Abigail had a proper wedding a few weeks before Lily and James', and the lot started doing jobs for the Order of the Phoenix. Abigail was mostly in charge of gathering information since her mother informed her that she wasn't allowed to kill anyone unless absolutely necessary - something to do with the timeline. 

Anyway, back to what they were doing at the moment. It was November 1979. Lily had found out she was pregnant with James' child, and it was because of this that they were all meeting for dinner.

"What'd you make for us, Angel?" Sirius asked as he pulled out two seats for Peter and James before sitting down himself.

"I made..." she paused as she turned off the burner, picked up the pan full of mixed vegetables (carrots, green beans, broccoli, bell peppers, etc) and poured them into a glass bowl, "roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes and gravy, and steak! Lily, sit down, darling. I can take care of all of this. It's for you, after all." Abby said with a grin. Lily smiled back, nodding before walking over to the dining table and sitting down beside James.

Abigail tapped her wand on each of the dishes and plates, the items levitating up into the air and floating in front of her as she walked over to the large dining table. The plates and bowls set themselves down on the table before she walked over and sat down next to James and Sirius. "Alright everyone, dig in!"

As the Marauders were eating, they talked about recent missions from the Order, baby names for Lily and James' child, memories from Hogwarts, and other random stuff. Overall, it was an amazing dinner. Sadly, James, Lily, and Peter had to leave, but they would be seeing them the next day at the Order meeting. They always had meetings with all the members on Sundays, just to give out the assignments for everyone.

Anyway, after everyone apparated away, the house was once again covered with the comfortable silence. They were, after all, in a forest.

-

Little Harry Potter was born the last day of July, and of course, all the Marauders loved the little baby. She was put in charge of watching over Harry for a few days, as James, Peter, Sirius, and Lily were out on a mission to take down a Death Eater base. It was a small job, but there were a lot of intricate parts that went into planning it. Not getting caught, for example. So that's why she invited Remus over. He was overjoyed to be called over to her place, as he really wanted to see Harry.

Abigail looked up from her book when she heard a knock at the door. She closed the book and set it down beside her, pulling out her wand from her pocket before standing up. With a glance over at Harry, she slowly and cautiously made her way over to the door, holding the tip of the wand to the door as she twisted the handle and opened the door. She immediately lowered her wand when she saw her friend standing before her, a grin covering her lips. 

"Hey, Remmy! It's so good to see you!" Abigail exclaimed, nearly knocking him over with her hug.

"It's lovely to see you too, Abby!" She stepped back, Remus walking past her before she closed the door. "I'm sorry I couldn't come sooner, Albus had me running errands." He apologized, giving her a small smile.

"Oh, it's no trouble, mate." Her eyes widened as she heard the loud crying of Harry, obviously awakened by the sudden entrance. "Oh, there's Harry. Quite the cryer, that one." She said, grinning at Remus before walking over to the little crib. She carefully touched a finger to his forehead, her fingertip glowing gold before he stopped crying instantly.

"What's that?" Remmy asked, pointing to her fingers.

"Oh, it's a technique that my dad used to get me to go to sleep. It just calms down the mind, basically. It'll only last for a few minutes, but he'll be asleep by the time it wears off." Remus nodded, placing his hands on the side of the crib. He looked at the small child with a sad smile, and his fingers were twitching as though he was afraid of just being around Harry would somehow hurt the child. "Remus, you're not going to hurt him." She said with a small, encouraging smile.

Remus glanced down at her before slowly reaching into the crib and taking the small child out and into his arms. "Wow...I've...never held a baby before..." He whispered, a loving twinkle in his eyes. Abigail smiled as Harry immediately fell asleep against Remus' chest. He would make a good father, someday.

Someday.