Jamsie

"We'll see each other over break, right?" Sirius asked as she spread some jam on a piece of toast. It was around two weeks to Christmas, but the break started next week - in seven days. At the moment, Sirius and Abigail were sitting in the Main hall eating breakfast. The two had fallen asleep pretty early last night, so they were first to get up.

"Yes, of course, mate," Abigail responded with a smile. He smiled as well, the two of them sitting in a comfortable silence as they ate. A few minutes later, James, Remus, and Peter walked in and moved to sit across from Sirius and Abigail.

"Hey, what are you guys doing over Christmas break?" James asked, filling his plate with bacon and eggs.

"I'm probably not doing much..." Peter said, dumping like six pounds of cheese on his eggs. Remus agreed with a nod, his eyes not leaving the page of his book.

"Yeah, same here," Abigail added, narrowing her eyes at the literal mountain of cheese. "Why?" She asked, taking a bite of toast and washing it down with some orange juice.

"I was wondering if any of you wanted to come over to my house? It would only be for three days maybe, but..." James shrugged, taking a big bite of eggs with a piece of bacon.

"Yeah, that'd be cool," Abigail replied with a smile, glancing over at Lily. "You should ask Lily to come." James quite literally spat out his orange juice, but thankfully it didn't get on any of the Marauders.

"Ha, like she'll say yes." Sirius laughed, looking over at Lily.

"Jamesie, how about I help you. There's only a week left of school before Christmas break, so we should have enough time to get her to say yes."

"If it'll get you to stop calling me that, then fine," James said, his eyes lingering on Lily before looking down at his plate.

"Ok, you're making me sad. Come on, let's go outside. Sirius, I'll find you." She vaulted over the table, a few people staring at her in confusion, but she merely grabbed James hand and practically dragged him out of the Great Hall.

"Ow, ow! You're squeezing my hand too tight!" He whined, slapping her wrist before they finally came to a stop on a large hallway that she knew Lily always goes through to get to the courtyard to read. Abigail let him go, putting her hands on her hips before staring up at him.

"Alright, listen to me very closely, ok? You want to get Lily to like you, right?" James nodded, giving her a pouty look. "Good. Now, I'm going to set some ground rules. There will be no calling Severus 'Snivellus'. Agreed?" James groaned, turning around to leave until she promptly grabbed his ear, making him yelp in pain and turn back around.

"Fine, agreed! Just let go!" She narrowed her eyes at him, letting go before continuing.

"You won't call her 'Evans'. She has a name - it's Lily. Call her Lily." He nodded, shoving his hands into his pockets. "And lastly, stop hitting on her so loudly. Just a simple 'Hi Lily' or 'Hello, Lily' will do just fine." He nodded. "Great. She'll be coming by in a few minutes, so come on." She hopped up onto a windowsill, sitting down with her legs crossed as James went and sat next to her. His finger was anxiously tapping the stone, his eyes flitting every which way.

"What am I going to say?"

"Just say 'Hi Lily'. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Alright? Just say 'Hi Lily'. It'll do the trick, just trust me." She had strategically made James face away from the area Lily would be coming from, so he couldn't stare at her as she walked passed them. "Ok, here she comes. Do not look, alright? Don't look at her until she passes you."

Lily had just left the Main Hall and was holding a muggle book in her hands that she had been reading for the past few days as she walked down the hallway. She turned the corner, only around two hundred feet from the courtyard, and she rolled her eyes to see James sitting on the windowsill. Only, he was with Abigail, and he wasn't looking at her. She furrowed her brow in confusion but didn't say anything. Maybe he wouldn't notice her. She saw Abigail say something, making James laugh loudly and throw his head back.

"Oh, hi Lily!" James said, smiling at the redhead.

Lily realized that she had never actually heard James call her 'Lily', and he usually went on a whole spiel about how good she looked that day. She didn't look at him, not really knowing how to respond. James was actually being...slightly nice. 

After Lily turned the corner, James let a dejected look cover his expression. "She didn't even acknowledge me..."

"Hey, hey! You were an absolute dick to her friend for four years. You'll need to be nicer to her if you want her to like you. Don't give up now, alright? That's not the James Potter I know." James nodded slightly, a ghost of a smile on his lips as the two walked back to the Main Hall.