Look How Far You've Fallen.

Ah, the last month of her life at Hogwarts. Gryffindor had won the Quidditch cup, the house cup, and all was well. I should probably fill you in on some of the stuff that's happened.

March was actually a pretty sad month. James and Sirius weren't being careful while they were out collecting items for a potion they needed to have for a weird prank they were going to do, and Filch caught them with the map. They were able to say 'Mischief Managed' before Filch snatched it away from them and gave the boys detention, but since then, they hadn't put any real effort into getting the map back. Sure, it was handy to have, but with the war raging outside of Hogwarts, the map would become nothing more than memorabilia.

The Marauders had all gradually became more serious - focussing on their lessons more, laying back on the pranking, and Abigail even started giving them private lessons on Asgardian spells and Angelic protecting rituals, should they ever need them.

It was April when what she knew would happen...happened. Abigail had expected this for a while - all the signs were there. Layla had gone dark side. Abigail had seen that, for the past few months, Lay had started to hang around Lucius and Bellatrix, and it was only a matter of time before she became a Death Eater. This is how that conversation went down.

Abigail was walking down the hallway towards the courtyard, her eyes glued to the Asgardian book in her hands. She looked up, however, when she heard the familiar voice of Lay. Except for this time, she didn't sound shy or quiet, her voice was ice and full of irritation.

"Hey, I was walking here, you imbecile!" Abigail's eyes widened as she saw Layla push a first year Hufflepuff to the ground. A few Slytherins laughed as Lay took out her wand, making Abby's book disappear before she pulled her wand out of her black combat boot.

"This is low, even for you," Abigail growled, gaining the attention of everyone in the hall as she held the wand out in front of her in an unshaking grasp. She had been expecting this for a long time, so she was ready for this fight. Of course, it was up to Lay to make the choice to duel or not.

"Oh, this day is about to get a lot better," Lay said with a malicious grin, leaving the Hufflepuff alone to move to stand a few yards in front of Abigail.

"I don't want to hurt you, Lay."

"Don't call me that. It's what my dreadful Aunt called me." Abigail furrowed her brow in confusion. Lay loved her aunt - she was the only woman that ever really cared about Layla - and would never talk badly about her. Lay took out her wand, pointing it at Abigail with a glare on her face.

"So we're doing this, then?"

Lay answered by shouting, "Stupify!" followed by a stream of red light firing out of the tip of her wand.

"Shiendo!" Abigail exclaimed, a large oval forming in front of her that absorbed the red spell. The shield fizzled out before she yelled, "Ignis!" A jet stream of burning flames burst out of her wand, engulfing the other girl for a few seconds before it went out instantly, followed by a ton of water being dumped on her. She created the spell for pranks - the fire wasn't actually that hot, but it would still sting.

"You could've killed me!" Lay screeched, her hair now soaking wet. A crowd had formed around them, and any minute now, a teacher would come by to bust them. Layla started firing off a string of battle spells - from binding spells to knock-out hexes - all of which bounced off of her shield as Abigail started walking forward, forcing Lay to back up with a now worried look on her face.

"Impedimenta!" A streak of gold light shot out and hit Lay's chest, making the girl instantly freeze and collapse to the ground. As Abigail walked forward, the Slytherins around her backed up, not wanting to get in her way. Lay was known to be one of the best duelers in the school, but alas, Abigail was better.

Abigail paid the onlookers no mind, however, walking over to Lay's side and glaring down at the girl. "Look how far you've fallen." And with that, she stepped over her body and walked down the hallway with an almost unidentifiable spring in her step.